Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Saying goodbye

Love my LG Nexus 4,but im going to list it on Craigslist. It was a toss up between this phone and the GN2 and after a month im going to go with the Gnote2.

Ill come visit you guys on this forum though, here's hoping you guys get a good case soon.
    Thanked by:
    eeleechan and MERCDROID like this.

Default Re: Saying goodbye

All the best it looks like there are some kinks to work out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    _X_

Global Posts
    638 Global Posts

I was ready to wish you a fare well, but instead I guess I'll have to wish you a welcome. Loving my note II

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    142 Global Posts

Great choice. I have both Nexus 4 and Note 2.

I have to say Note 2 is one helluva device. To me, it's a "true" upgrade, but I like the Nexus 4 for other reason too. I'm digging vanilla android UI and looking forward to using google wallet, since you can use it on any other phones lol.
    bruceleer0y likes this.

Goodbye.

-4.2.1 Land
    ~~~SANDSTONE BLACK 64GB ONEPLUS ONE~~~
    ~~~WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5~~~

Cool. I would never even think of using a "phone" that huge, and I hope the my bigger is bigger than your bigger trend comes to an end.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by 3:
    big_time2 likes this.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by sr2012 View Post
    All the best it looks like there are some kinks to work out.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums
    What kinks?

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    vtek8 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post
    Cool. I would never even think of using a "phone" that huge, and I hope the my bigger is bigger than your bigger trend comes to an end.

With over 5M Note 2s sold the phone is here to stay, and will not be going away any time soon. I love my big Note 2, and other phones look and feel too small to me.
    Thanked by:

So not true. I remember 10 years ago in high school everyone was trying to get the smallest and thinnest phone. The phablet phase will end too.
    Thanked by 2:
    KitNThe dood 
    big_time2 and TheNDChief like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DroidXcon View Post
    What kinks?

Just what's been reported in forums and so on. Of course I am not sure what exactly the situation is because I don't have one.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by corance View Post
    So not true. I remember 10 years ago in high school everyone was trying to get the smallest and thinnest phone. The phablet phase will end too.
    Small phones in high school 10 years ago were useless because we could text and the teacher wouldn't see our phones. Now taking out a 5 inch note will probably get you in trouble immediately.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I doubt this. I can't go back to anything smaller now. My Gnex feels like a toy an iphone feels like a joke. When the first note came out I would have agreed with you. But now that the note 2 is pulling in numbers like main stream sizes the numbers will grow with people who fell like me, that anything smaller just won't do.

If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato
    Thanked by:

You'll see. History repeats itself. Trends come and go. Look at clothing trends. It may not be soon but it will happen. These flat screens people carry in their pockets will be seen as crazy. Don't worry though, you're cool for a few more years at least. Only in America are huge phone cool. The rest of the world still like the 4inchers. Read some statistics on what size people like most.

You'll see. History repeats itself. Trends come and go. Look at clothing trends. It may not be soon but it will happen. These flat screens people carry in their pockets will be seen as crazy. Don't worry though, you're cool for a few more years at least. Only in America are huge phone cool. The rest of the world still like the 4inchers. Read some statistics on what size people like most.
    No you.

Asia loves the note 2 more than North America

Thanked by 2:
    kurosenpai likes this.

Not true at all. Check around. Around 4 in is what most prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by KwietStorm View Post

The Note's argument is not bigger = better. It's argument is it's size = more functionality.

I've messed around with the Note 2 and S pen a few days before I got my Nexus 4, and I was immediately torn. It was so amazing, and so functional.

I like my Nexus 4, but honestly, it just doesn't beat the Note 2. I keep finding myself asking if pure android is really a huge advantage, when Touchwiz actually isn't bad at all.
    Thanked by:
    kurosenpai and XChrisX like this.

I was messing around with the multi view feature, and it is pretty cool and makes the phone a true multi tasking phone. The 5.5 screen makes that feature work so good. I could not go back to one of those tiny four inch screen phones. Those phones feel like toys after using the Note 2.

Global Posts
    911 Global Posts

The Note 2 is an impressive device, but it isn't for everyone. Sure, it offers a great deal of functionality, but its portability is hindered by its size. I find the nexus 4 (and the Galaxy nexus before it) the ideal size for me. Big enough to do all my reading, watch videos, but small enough to grip it in one hand without making the hand tired. But that's just me.

There are always tradeoffs, and the reason we have different size phones is that much to Apple's dismay, one size does not fit all. Whatever fits your needs the best, you should use that.

Thanked by 2:
    big_time2 and The dood like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    The Note 2 is an impressive device, but it isn't for everyone. Sure, it offers a great deal of functionality, but its portability is hindered by its size. I find the nexus 4 (and the Galaxy nexus before it) the ideal size for me. Big enough to do all my reading, watch videos, but small enough to grip it in one hand without making the hand tired. But that's just me.

There are always tradeoffs, and the reason we have different size phones is that much to Apple's dismay, one size does not fit all. Whatever fits your needs the best, you should use that.

I agree. Although the Note II is wonderful, it is way too big for me to use as a daily phone. That's why I'm happy with the Nexus 4. But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.
    Thanked by 2:
    KitNThe dood 

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

No need to argue people. Both of these phones are so awesome. We have sooooo many choices now! There are 5 or 6 major high end devices that are great for anyone who chooses them. The Note 2 is paving a new path in technology but the N4 just gives the pure Google experience that can't be had anywhere else.

You certainly can't say that about an Apple device. It's like shopping for a car and every car on the lot is a Honda Civic.

Android fans are lucky.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    Thanked by 4:
    big_time2, _X_, DAS and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    No need to argue people. Both of these phones are so awesome. We have sooooo many choices now! There are 5 or 6 major high end devices that are great for anyone who chooses them. The Note 2 is paving a new path in technology but the N4 just gives the pure Google experience that can't be had anywhere else.

You certainly can't say that about an Apple device. It's like shopping for a car and every car on the lot is a Honda Civic.

Android fans are lucky.

Exactly, something for everyone. All these phones are great. One phone may not be a good fit for me, but it will be a perfect phone for someone else. It's all about having choices.
    Thanked by 3:
    MbTurner1977 and kurosenpai like this.

Quote Originally Posted by taj7575 View Post
    I agree. Although the Note II is wonderful, it is way too big for me to use as a daily phone. That's why I'm happy with the Nexus 4. But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.
    This. Loving my Nexus 4/Nexus 7 combo. Kind of wish I had of gotten a 3g Nexus 7 though ... Wi-Fi tethering isn't too good for the Nexus 4 battery, but I'll live.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

I can't imagine not having my Note 2 now, I'm completely in love with it.

from my Samsung Galaxy Note 2, baddest phone on the planet.
    If I were never here, you would never know.
    bigoldthor likes this.

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Was it the lack of acessories then?Cause u need a purse to carry around one of those. just saying...
    Quote Originally Posted by bruceleer0y View Post
    Love my LG Nexus 4,but im going to list it on Craigslist. It was a toss up between this phone and the GN2 and after a month im going to go with the Gnote2.

Ill come visit you guys on this forum though, here's hoping you guys get a good case soon.

Quote Originally Posted by taj7575 View Post
    But I think the best combination is the Nexus 4 for normal phone usage, and then the Nexus 7 for everything else. And the best part? Both of those together is cheaper than the Note II unlocked.
    Absolutely!

Sent from my amazing Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Thanked by:
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast