Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By badbrad17
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default take pictures with headphone buttons?

any way to take pictures with the headphone buttons? is that any camera app that has this built in?

also, for the default camera app, is there any way to keep the flash on constantly WITHOUT having to be in record mode?

Default Re: take pictures with headphone buttons?

Quote Originally Posted by jinjin12 View Post
    any way to take pictures with the headphone buttons? is that any camera app that has this built in?

also, for the default camera app, is there any way to keep the flash on constantly WITHOUT having to be in record mode?
    Second question: is this in regards to the camera or merely wanting some light? If the latter, search the Play Store for any number of "flashlight" apps.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by N4Newbie View Post
    Second question: is this in regards to the camera or merely wanting some light? If the latter, search the Play Store for any number of "flashlight" apps.
    in regards to camera....if i just wanted some light i could have just went on record mode. i need to take pictures but with the flash constantly on. i don't want to have to take pictures in record mode to do so

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

in regards to camera....if i just wanted some light i could have just went on record mode. i need to take pictures but with the flash constantly on. i don't want to have to take pictures in record mode to do so
    Camera Zoom FX app let's you keep the flash on. Also you can set the volume buttons to take pictures. Not sure what you meant by headphone button.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    AbuYazeedUK likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Camera Zoom FX app let's you keep the flash on. Also you can set the volume buttons to take pictures. Not sure what you meant by headphone button.

there are headphones that have volume buttons on them...anyway i'lll try this

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

there are headphones that have volume buttons on them...anyway i'lll try this
    Oh, okay gotcha. I don't see anything for the headphone button in there but that may be a trigger for the volume control, so check it out.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Like you said there are headphones that have volume switcher (a lot don't work for the Nexus 4 though) but I don't think there are for photos. You can probably find some on ebay or something but not now since they haven't rolled out a lot of accessories supported for Nexus 4. Just a thought but there are headphones that are buggy and can MAYBE (probably not) take pictures instead.
    The volumes won't work because the Nexus 4 doesn't have that built in feature where you press the volume button and it takes a picture