take pictures with headphone buttons?

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
any way to take pictures with the headphone buttons? is that any camera app that has this built in?

also, for the default camera app, is there any way to keep the flash on constantly WITHOUT having to be in record mode?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
any way to take pictures with the headphone buttons? is that any camera app that has this built in?

also, for the default camera app, is there any way to keep the flash on constantly WITHOUT having to be in record mode?

Second question: is this in regards to the camera or merely wanting some light? If the latter, search the Play Store for any number of "flashlight" apps.

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Second question: is this in regards to the camera or merely wanting some light? If the latter, search the Play Store for any number of "flashlight" apps.

in regards to camera....if i just wanted some light i could have just went on record mode. i need to take pictures but with the flash constantly on. i don't want to have to take pictures in record mode to do so

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
in regards to camera....if i just wanted some light i could have just went on record mode. i need to take pictures but with the flash constantly on. i don't want to have to take pictures in record mode to do so
Camera Zoom FX app let's you keep the flash on. Also you can set the volume buttons to take pictures. Not sure what you meant by headphone button.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jinjin12

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Camera Zoom FX app let's you keep the flash on. Also you can set the volume buttons to take pictures. Not sure what you meant by headphone button.

there are headphones that have volume buttons on them...anyway i'lll try this

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
there are headphones that have volume buttons on them...anyway i'lll try this
Oh, okay gotcha. I don't see anything for the headphone button in there but that may be a trigger for the volume control, so check it out.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Like you said there are headphones that have volume switcher (a lot don't work for the Nexus 4 though) but I don't think there are for photos. You can probably find some on ebay or something but not now since they haven't rolled out a lot of accessories supported for Nexus 4. Just a thought but there are headphones that are buggy and can MAYBE (probably not) take pictures instead.
The volumes won't work because the Nexus 4 doesn't have that built in feature where you press the volume button and it takes a picture

gunnypapa

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
Go to Camera, settings, scroll to The Volume Key, select Take Photo. Connect headphones, use volume button on headphone to take pic. It works, I use it. Galaxy S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci