Android os?

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
It's not a "bug".. The percentages in battery usage have never been entirely accurate or meaningful in any version of Android. Don't pay them any mind unless you feel you are experiencing some unusual battery drain.. And even then there are better ways to diagnose the issue than that screen.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'll post screen shots later but it's down to 73% with 3 hrs and 30 min on and only 50 min screen on time. Mostly Wi-Fi. I'll get screen shots tonight so maybe you can help me.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Now I'm at 33% with 7 hrs on and not even 2 hrs screen time. I'll post pics when it's about dead so maybe someone can help.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you need any other info let me know. I'm running Franco kernel BTW. This isn't good at all. Others are getting 16+hrs with a few hrs screen. What's going on here?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-34.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-34.png
    86 KB · Views: 78
  • Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-20.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-20.png
    154.5 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-09.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-09.png
    147.2 KB · Views: 77
  • Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-27.png
    Screenshot_2012-12-25-16-50-27.png
    109.9 KB · Views: 76

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
If you need any other info let me know. I'm running Franco kernel BTW. This isn't good at all. Others are getting 16+hrs with a few hrs screen. What's going on here?

The Android OS drain is a bug. That is why Google is about to push a patch 4.2.2.However, if your having Android System drain, make sure you've opened all the following apps at least one time so they can sign in, regardless if you use them or not. As these are system apps, they will keep sys running until you sign in.

YouTube
Google Earth
Google + (I then disable all the sync stuff in g+ settings)
Chrome
Currents
Maps
Play Music,Magazines, Books, Music

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
ok i signed into all of those and disabled all auto sync on everything i dont use. I did have all of those that i dont use disabled...wonder if that matters? Would disabling systems apps cause Android System to run so much? I dont use those apps at all, why not disable them?

Last edited:

peejay1977

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
I'd expect the OS to be the biggest battery user, its the underpinning software so of course its going to use the most in most cases, however it does seem to be using a lot in a short period of time. I took mine off charge 14hours ago, 3hours screen time and am on 50% battery.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
See, what the hell? What am I doing wrong? I have maybe 7 apps installed and almost all auto sync off! What should try? 8hrs with only a couple hours screen is garbage. Its really Android system thats way up there. If you look at the battery graph it just starts dropping all of the sudden. I wonder whats going on?

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
See, what the hell? What am I doing wrong? I have maybe 7 apps installed and almost all auto sync off! What should try? 8hrs with only a couple hours screen is garbage. Its really Android system thats way up there. If you look at the battery graph it just starts dropping all of the sudden. I wonder whats going on?

I would enable gapps that come on the stock nexus and ensure they are signed in as mentioned. With the way they have the tight gservices integrated into jb, gapps are vital, even if you don't use them. Apps often cross access each other. I had the same Android System drain until I made sure the following steps were satisfied.

If I were you, I would charge back to 100 and factory reset, then take care of the gapps. If you do that I'm sure you know it will erase all your user data. Be ready to start over and lose all your pics, vids, etc. so make sure you have a good backup.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Argh! I don't have anything on here other than music which i can put back on. They only thing i hate doing is putting all the apps and setting up all the screens and launchers. Does tibu back up all customizations or just apps? Ive only used it to back up apps. I only have a few installed so it wouldnt be hard to just download again. I just dont want to have to set up the wallpaper, notifications, and all that jazz.

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Try without the factory reset first. Just re-enable all the gapps you have disabled, clear their app data in settings and then open them all (listed earlier) so they can sign in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
If you look at my screen shot you'll notice the mobile network signal is horrible. Just a few green streaks, but I was on wifi most of that time. I didnt know your mobile network signal mattered when you're on wifi. If it does matter, that could explain some of the battery drain...i mean look at it. It barely has any green at all!

Lttlwing16

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
OK I updated all gapps and all sync is of except for calendar and contacts. We'll see how it works.

You did right. Since the gapps are system apps, they need to remain updated, enabled, and signed in. I think you will find the Android System drain will pretty much disappear, and Android OS will become your new #1.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Argh! I don't have anything on here other than music which i can put back on. They only thing i hate doing is putting all the apps and setting up all the screens and launchers. Does tibu back up all customizations or just apps? Ive only used it to back up apps. I only have a few installed so it wouldnt be hard to just download again. I just dont want to have to set up the wallpaper, notifications, and all that jazz.
What launcher are you using? I just switched to Nova from Go Launcher because it has an export setting. This way you can save your settings.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Why in the world is android os using 20 something percent of my battery all of the sudden?!? It's top on the list!

It is not using "20 something percent" of your battery.

Of the actual battery usage in the time frame under consideration, the Android OS used 20%. The Screen used some other percentage; the phone and Wi-Fi and Maps and etc used some other percentage. All of these combined used a total of 100% of the battery usage thus far.

The reason Android OS is at 20% is simply that you are not doing much with the other parts of your phone. If you never use the phone, maps, browser, and so on, you might very well see Android OS rise to 60% or even 80%. OTOH, if you talk extensively on the phone, you will see it rise to the top of the list and other items - like Android OS - sink lower.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX