Just bought and started using my nexus 4 on glo mobile
After opening a few internet pages my phone gets so hot that I start to wonder
Just started using phone brand new 4 days ago
Pls someone with clues

saasa

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
normal use temp was about 32.9 centigrade

logged on to nexus 4 forum on my device and within few minutes temp had shot up to over 45 and still climbing

continued and the thing hit 50 something. this is absurd.the entire camera lens area down to the lower regions xtremely hot
just had to hold phone at the mouthpiece end

VertigoM

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
normal use temp was about 32.9 centigrade

logged on to nexus 4 forum on my device and within few minutes temp had shot up to over 45 and still climbing

continued and the thing hit 50 something. this is absurd.the entire camera lens area down to the lower regions xtremely hot
just had to hold phone at the mouthpiece end

Sounds like you have a defective device.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like you have a defective device.

Not really. Wait what is centigrade, is that celsius because that's what i was thinking when it said c on the battery. If it isn't then I have no idea but 33 celsius isn't that bad but is odd for just browsing.

saasa

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
it is really degrees celsius. when i get browsing it gets TOO HOT TO HANDLE.

I just shut down for a while.the temp drops and i restart my use.

however i like the phone and lots of its features and surprisingly had never shut down by itself nor malfunctioned inspite of the awesome temps

though i wont mind a replacement if i can get one

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 4 definitely gets pretty warm/hot even just browsing the web no games. But in the other thread, everyone proclaimed that it was normal because smartphones get hot?! I've never checked the temp of my N4, but it definitely gets much hotter than any of my iPhones did, and much hotter than my S3 does. Maybe all 4 cores are trying to run at the same time?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Did you force-install Adobe Flash Player? If so, uninstall it and see if that resolves the issue.

Adobe is no longer supporting Flash Player for mobile devices and Google no longer includes it in the OS nor is it available for normal install from Play Store. Some people force an installation using side-loading, but the results can be unpredictable and will be even more so as the OS evolves but Flash Player does not evolve to keep up.

dan826

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
So mine gets really hot. If I started to use it for internet. If I'm not on net it doesn't get hot at all. And my battery start to drain. Should I contact google and get my phone Replaced? Or change to note 2? But I like the built quality much better on n4

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So mine gets really hot. If I started to use it for internet. If I'm not on net it doesn't get hot at all. And my battery start to drain. Should I contact google and get my phone Replaced? Or change to note 2? But I like the built quality much better on n4

You should ask yourself, "what app have I installed which might be causing this problem?" Because, in most cases, this sort of issue turns out to be caused not by a hardware failure, but by a bad or incompatible app.

dan826

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Facebook instagram watsapp was all I had n me usinh chrome makes my phone hot

akashvani

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site

dan826

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Discussion thread of Nexus 4 users at Google forums on the over heating issue:
Issue 40334 - android - Nexus 4 Overheating - Android - An Open Handset Alliance Project - Google Project Hosting

Seems like Chrome may be one of the culprits.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Looks like evey1's n4 is over heating. I ran stabiliy test app n it went upto 52 degree. I'm not happy with that. I can handle the heat but I wouldn't like to think what its doing to my screen. I think ill send it off get my money back n maybe get one in few month after they fixed everything!

AndroidArmageddon

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
My Nexus 4 has been behaving since 4.2.2 but today I was browsing without WiFi and regular cellular data. The heat got way up there and the glass backing just like corning ware keeps the heat in your phone like a casserole in the oven. My one x with LTE is cooler so this isn't normal. Browsing on WiFi is perfectly normal and about 30 degrees. I will need to test with other browsers than chrome though but definitely data radio related. I thought it was Facebook and chrome and CPU throttling but it appears that this is is related to the radios.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463