- 1 Posts
How do I use a Nexus 4 on an existing AT&T connection?
I currently have an Inspire 4G with a normal SIM, with about 6 months left on my contract.
If I buy a Nexus 4, I will need a micro-SIM. Can I just go to an AT&T Store and ask for a micro-SIM for my current number/plan and get one for free? Or will they charge for it? Also, does it matter whether I go to a company store or an authorized re-seller? Will they ask questions about why I need a micro-SIM? If so, what do I tell them?
Once I get a micro-SIM, do I just pop it into my Nexus 4 and forget about it, enjoying HSPA+ speeds? (I'm guessing I may have to add the "AT&T HSPA+" APN mentioned in a thread here and on XDA).
So yeah. What do I need to do?
- 12-25-2012, 03:00 PM #2
- 12-25-2012, 06:11 PM #3
- 12-25-2012, 10:49 PM #4
Re: How do I use a Nexus 4 on an existing AT&T connection?
I switched from SIM to Micro SIM on T-Mobile. I ordered the micro Sim online (several local stores weren't free) and it was a 5 min. Call to activate on my existing account.
And yes I understand that you're on AT&T...so....in case someone else needs T-Mobile help:-)
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums
- By xrmepilot in forum Samsung InterceptReplies: 8Last Post: 01-15-2014, 08:52 PM
- By jonathonflores6958 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Rooting, ROMs, and HacksReplies: 0Last Post: 02-04-2012, 04:44 PM
- By Kuroth in forum Amazon Kindle FireReplies: 1Last Post: 11-30-2011, 11:32 PM
- By Cretz in forum Motorola XoomReplies: 28Last Post: 02-19-2011, 11:30 PM
- By rosariorose9 in forum Verizon Droid IncredibleReplies: 5Last Post: 05-23-2010, 08:43 AM