Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By vjd1
  • 1 Post By Phil Nickinson
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How do I use a Nexus 4 on an existing AT&T connection?

I currently have an Inspire 4G with a normal SIM, with about 6 months left on my contract.

If I buy a Nexus 4, I will need a micro-SIM. Can I just go to an AT&T Store and ask for a micro-SIM for my current number/plan and get one for free? Or will they charge for it? Also, does it matter whether I go to a company store or an authorized re-seller? Will they ask questions about why I need a micro-SIM? If so, what do I tell them?

Once I get a micro-SIM, do I just pop it into my Nexus 4 and forget about it, enjoying HSPA+ speeds? (I'm guessing I may have to add the "AT&T HSPA+" APN mentioned in a thread here and on XDA).

So yeah. What do I need to do?

Default Re: How do I use a Nexus 4 on an existing AT&T connection?

Just go to any AT&T store and ask for micro-sim........ they will not ask any question and will activate the sim right away........... personal expereince
    taj7575 likes this.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,880 Global Posts

Yep. It's all above board. (Though you shoulda seen them when I took in the HTC One X while it was still under embargo. Blew their minds a little. )
    vjd1 likes this.

Global Posts
    625 Global Posts

I switched from SIM to Micro SIM on T-Mobile. I ordered the micro Sim online (several local stores weren't free) and it was a 5 min. Call to activate on my existing account.

And yes I understand that you're on AT&T...so....in case someone else needs T-Mobile help:-)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums