can't send mms pics?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I can send them easy through the default messenger just not through gosms or anything else. Ive tried many different settings. Any help?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
yup ive read all the threads on this, thanks though. I dont understand what my apn settings matter if it works through the default messenger. This is so annoying!!!! It workes perfect through default messenger but nothing else. I dont want to use messenger. Any advice?

Last edited:

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I learned that sms/mms rely on the carrier's cell network only and not over WiFi at all. Whatever messenger app you use it should support sms/mms if you necessarily need to send mms messages.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Well today was one of the only time I needed to. If I use default messenger it sends and receives in seconds. It just doesn't work with go SMS... but it worked on messenger with Wi-Fi on.

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
WiFi might be on but I guarantee you it didn't send over WiFi. I remember reading in GoSMS' trouble shooting that mms errors have to do with apn settings. If you care to test the theory enable Airplane Mode then enable only WiFi, then try to send an sms or mms.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
correct, if you are sending texts/mms through the factory message then you are doing it over the carriers cell network. there is no sending over data or wifi
gosms is just another messaging app that is designed to replace the factory one and go thru the cell network.

this is not like iphone imessage where you're going through data network or wifi.
or 3rd party apps like whatsapp where again you're using data or wifi... not cell network.
those two apps, they are using their own servers to handle the messaging eliminating the carriers.

WiFi might be on but I guarantee you it didn't send over WiFi. I remember reading in GoSMS' trouble shooting that mms errors have to do with apn settings. If you care to test the theory enable Airplane Mode then enable only WiFi, then try to send an sms or mms.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
OK we are getting off topic here. Whether it sent over cell data or Wi-Fi doesn't matter. The point is I can send them through messenger but not gosms or handcent. That's the point. It it makes you feel better you're right. I was on Wi-Fi but cell data was also on.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
i only have a guess for you... just like chrisxe said... apn settings. conflict with apn settings? it has no problem with texts...
but it could be that gosms and handcent are not liking some setting used like mmsc or mms proxy that the stock app has no problem with.

OK we are getting off topic here. Whether it sent over cell data or Wi-Fi doesn't matter. The point is I can send them through messenger but not gosms or handcent. That's the point. It it makes you feel better you're right. I was on Wi-Fi but cell data was also on.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
i only have a guess for you... just like chrisxe said... apn settings. conflict with apn settings? it has no problem with texts...
but it could be that gosms and handcent are not liking some setting used like mmsc or mms proxy that the stock app has no problem with.

That's what I'm thinking but I've tried a few things. Anyone using one of these apps and are you able to send mms?

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. I'm gonna have to search for other APN settings other than the ones around here. I'll also Google this problem. I just try here first cause you guys usually help more. Thanks for the help. If you can think of anything else please let me know. Thanks.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
You have to turn wifi off as it will interfere with your connection.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Kronk734

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
You have to go into GoSMS settings and find the setting to add the APN directly into GoSMS. I used GoSMS when I first got my N4 and had to do that and then it sent and received fine.

stewyz

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
that's funny. i tried to send 2 mms while i was on wi-fi with 0 bars (i was in the basement) and it just said Sending for 10 minutes (with the stock Messaging app) and once i saw that i had signal, i turned off wi-fi and it sent.

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Ok are we still on this? I made a mistake. I was on wifi and had cell data. The mms sends perfectly through the stock messenger. It will not send through any 3rd party messengers. From what ive read it is a bug in jb 4.2.1. Handcent released an update to fix it but it still doesnt work. Im stuck with the default messenger for now. Thanks for all the help guys!

sdoo25

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Solavei (T-Mobile) and had the same problem that I could receive MMS but not send. I am using GoSMS. After reading this I tried to send a MMS using the stock Messaging App and was successful. I then saw the post about adding the APN directly into GoSMS. I did this and I am now able to send MMS from GoSMS. Hope this can work for you on Straight Talk as well.

Kronk734

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
It will work with GoSMS. Enter same apn settings that are on phone for mms into the mms apn setting in Go. I had it working but just got tired of Go

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma