Annoying emergency alerts

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have had four really annoying emergency alerts this evening. Random characters/symbols, so I can't event tell what they are about. Everything under Mobile Broadcasts settings has been unchecked for at least three weeks. I am on a stock 4.2.1 rom, rooted. Anyway to turn them off completely?

Ian B

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
Check settings in stock messenger app to turn off if you have not already. Only the one from the president can not be turned off.

Ian B

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Are you talking about the sms messaging app? If so, then I have already mentioned in my post, that I disabled alerts in there.

palitsyn

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Do emergency alerts play a sound even when the phone is set to silent or vibrate?

Not sure, since my phone was not on silent, but it sounded like an alarm. To be honest, I haven't had any since 25th and haven't had any until then for at least 3 weeks. The alerts I got on the 25th didn't make any sense i.e. "1@%@?*!&()*KJ*@(&!^" but I had 3 or 4 in a matter of an hour.

Arun Joseph K

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I got my nexus 4 yesterday and I was really bugged with the mobile Broadcast and tried different settings to kill it but never worked.

It is really simple just swap/change the SIM card with the mobile provider and now I don't get the Broadcast messages.... :)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Associated Press article on this very subject: Logan Banner - Shriek Texts on missing kids startle cell users

The final paragraph is of note:
?Amber Alerts, in most cases, make no difference whatsoever,? Griffin said. ?Even when you look at ones where Amber Alerts make a difference, it doesn?t happen fast, within that crucial three-hour difference? that the alerts are supposed to target. But he said he?s hoping this system will prove him wrong.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2