Nexus 4 has "limited NFC chipset"??
I tried ordering some NFC tags and a rep at a company stated that I have to order a specific set of tags because
"If you have a Nexus 4 you MUST get the NTAG203 tag. The Nexus 4 has a limited NFC chipset that does not read the mifare classic tags.
The NTAG203 has a lot less memory, but it should not affect you if you plan on using apps for phone automation. They use very little space."
Can anyone shed light on this?
- 12-26-2012, 03:34 PM #2
- 10 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
Re: Nexus 4 has "limited NFC chipset"??
To my knowledge the Nexus 4 has a newer NFC chip which consumes lesser power. Newer NFC tags work with it.
"the Nexus 4 makes use of the Broadcom BCM20793 NFC controller"
"Mifare Classic tags make use of proprietary protocols developed by NXP; they are not NFC Forum compliant. As a result, phones with non-NXP NFC controllers are unable to communicate with the tags."
This page will help.
Nexus 4 and 10 Incompatible With Mifare Classic NFC Tags | NFC Brief
- 12-26-2012, 05:47 PM #3
- By AndroidXTC in forum Droid RAZR MAXXReplies: 3Last Post: 08-22-2012, 12:54 PM
- By Khaz in forum Google / Samsung Galaxy NexusReplies: 26Last Post: 10-21-2011, 03:40 PM
- By mbentley3 in forum Droid BionicReplies: 4Last Post: 09-28-2011, 12:57 PM
- By darrenf in forum Sprint Nexus S 4GReplies: 8Last Post: 08-25-2011, 04:25 AM
- By scaots in forum Google / HTC Nexus OneReplies: 3Last Post: 06-28-2010, 01:45 AM