another cracked back glass.

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Phone in pocket with bumper. Grabbed a bag or of back seat and taped the side of door. Cracked around speaker. Not too upset.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Phone in pocket with bumper. Grabbed a bag or of back seat and taped the side of door. Cracked around speaker. Not too upset.

Not too upset because your phone broke even with the bumper? I would be upset. I would have bought the damn thing for protection!

jeremydc

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know. I have a feeling my eBay case would protect or better. Just ordered the diztronic case to cover up back. I'm sure there will eventually be replacement backings

yankeesusa

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I've heard about this phone breaking a lot. Almost like the glass on the iPhone. When will they learn that a cover made of complete glass should not be on a phone. All phones should be a carbon fiber or metal type phone with a non slip coating.

Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2

c_hri_s

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm still not entirely sure what he did. Can someone translate this?!:

I've got a bumper and a Zagg-style front and back cover on mine. The invisible shield does a great job of stopping it slipping off things and/or out of your hands.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I'm still not entirely sure what he did. Can someone translate this?!:

I've got a bumper and a Zagg-style front and back cover on mine. The invisible shield does a great job of stopping it slipping off things and/or out of your hands.

His phone was in his pocket with the bumper (maybe the google one, who knows) and he was at the car. He probably leaned into the car to try to get a bag and while he was leaning in, the side of the door hit his google Nexus 4 and it was cracked.
Yeah, an invisible shield is great. Even though it's gorilla glass it can still get scratched in your pocket.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
His phone was in his pocket with the bumper (maybe the google one, who knows) and he was at the car. He probably leaned into the car to try to get a bag and while he was leaning in, the side of the door hit his google Nexus 4 and it was cracked.
Yeah, an invisible shield is great. Even though it's gorilla glass it can still get scratched in your pocket.

Being Gorilla Glass it's far more likely the glass cracks as opposed to scratches. Just saying.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Heard there is sand in lint and dust and that will be able to scratch glass, even gorilla glass
Not sure, i'll check it up on the internet.

I imagine sand could, though I'm not volunteering to test this lol. I have the SGP front & rear protector,though still waiting for the darn phone to show up.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I imagine sand could, though I'm not volunteering to test this lol. I have the SGP front & rear protector,though still waiting for the darn phone to show up.

yea. Well that's what I heard so I think a screen protector and case is still needed for the Nexus 4, even with the gorilla glass. Good thing I have both already :)
getting my Nexus 4 on monday! :D

KwietStorm

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Heard there is sand in lint and dust and that will be able to scratch glass, even gorilla glass
Not sure, i'll check it up on the internet.

I don't know how true that is, and I don't know what sand would be doing in lint, but I won't refute it since I just don't know. I have been using Liquid Armor and a TPU case on my phone, which I keep in my pocket, and don't have any scratches or marks of any kind. I try to keep my pockets clean, but there is definitely lint in them.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't know how true that is, and I don't know what sand would be doing in lint, but I won't refute it since I just don't know. I have been using Liquid Armor and a TPU case on my phone, which I keep in my pocket, and don't have any scratches or marks of any kind. I try to keep my pockets clean, but there is definitely lint in them.
There have been tests with sandpaper and coarse sand that has been dragged across the glass and caused scratches but keys and coins typically don't do much unless there is a very sharp edge and a lot of pressure. Your case and protectors will do fine.

But bending or applying pressure to the glass is a much different story. The glass is incredibly thin so it will crack when something sharp pokes it. Similar to a car Window if you hit it with a sharp metal object or a BB.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Also everyone may want to consider one of these Spigen screen protectors. The are the same glass as Gorilla but in a screen protector, so you get added strength but don't lose the smooth feel of your glass like you do with other plastic style screen protectors.

SPIGEN SGP | Nexus 4 - Google - Cell Phones

Horrible reviews
Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: SPIGEN SGP Google Nexus 4 Screen Protector Clear Steinheil [Ultra Crystal] [2-PACK] Clear Film Cover Shield ***Proximity Sensor Cutout***

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
That sucks. Thanks for the link.

Edit: actually I just read the reviews and apparently there was an issue with the protector covering the proximity sensor but it has now been fixed and the reviews are now excellent.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MickTavia