Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Default Re: UK order 16gb Nexus 4 Thursday 6th of December

Quote Originally Posted by John Mills1 View Post
    Hi all, got mine at last, but had to go to TNT depot as driver did not get to me due to delays caused by snow. First impressions very good but forgot I need a micro Sim. Makes my HTC Desire seem very tired.
    My previous phone was the HTC Desire as well. I agree, it is a major upgrade.
    chins22 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by barquentine View Post
    My previous phone was the HTC Desire as well. I agree, it is a major upgrade.
    Hi Desire was ok but over time became unreliable and unresponsive. More recently the camera failed! Still getting to know N4 but it looks very promising!
    barquentine likes this.

Finally got my shipping email babyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reposting of link to photos as some problem with original.

Hi Desire was ok but over time became unreliable and unresponsive. More recently the camera failed! Still getting to know N4 but it looks very promising!
    wow - I had Desire as well, the Nexus One sibling
    I think we have jumped from One to 4
    barquentine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetHoney View Post
    Yea the crap case I bought is a no no! Had to make do with an equally crappy plastic cover (non flip) that I bought only cos it came with a free screen protector! Not bad for around 2! So need to reinvest in a better flip case. Probably the one I originally saw. The screen is a real treat. It's also light and really really fast!!!
    hello!
    I ordered a leather case from Expansys UK on 6th Dec - little expensive but I want that only :P
    I used one like this for my Desire, it lasted really well and did a grt job for 2+ years - the old phone is still spotless

()
    They still do not have it in the stock - horrible customer service!
    Now just have ordered a 1.49 from Amazon until the leather one arrives later
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #157  

Quote Originally Posted by chins22 View Post
    hello!
    I ordered a leather case from Expansys UK on 6th Dec - little expensive but I want that only :P
    I used one like this for my Desire, it lasted really well and did a grt job for 2+ years - the old phone is still spotless

()
    They still do not have it in the stock - horrible customer service!
    Now just have ordered a 1.49 from Amazon until the leather one arrives later

Yea thanks saw that one. But just ordered this one. Looks like good quality
    John Mills1 likes this.

I love this damn phone, and if you guys want a good flip case get the poetic slimbook, its a really nice case, i've got it myslef

The headphone jack on my Desire died a few weeks ago and I kept running out of space so constantly had to delete apps.

I love my N4 but it hasn't left the house yet because my neighbourhood is currently a giant sheet of ice. I'm waiting until a) my case arrives and b) I can move around without slipping over!
    GadgetHoney likes this.

After seven weeks from 6th Dec, the little beauty arrived this morning. Fired up and all's well with the world now. Just waiting for the Shenit Bumper Case to arrive from Hong Kong. I ordered a couple of weeks ago as it looks exactly the same as the 'Official' version which is of course unobtainable, but is half the price. The old HTC Desire has served well over the last couple of years but like barquentine says, kept running out of memory. the 16 gig should be more than ample for me.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #161  

Quote Originally Posted by barquentine View Post
    The headphone jack on my Desire died a few weeks ago and I kept running out of space so constantly had to delete apps.

I love my N4 but it hasn't left the house yet because my neighbourhood is currently a giant sheet of ice. I'm waiting until a) my case arrives and b) I can move around without slipping over!

Loooooool!!!
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #162  

What's really funny is that some of you are talking about the HTC desire that I also had but I didn't have it for a long I ended up selling it to get an iPhone! Which seems like absolutely ages ago! You guys are VERY loyal
    Thanked by:
    chins22 and John Mills1 like this.

Been following this thread for a while, nice to know that I wasn't the only one waiting forever!
    Phone arrived yesterday, this cover arrived today, cheap and should prevent breakage and looks pretty discrete. Now to get my Micro SIM

- - - Updated - - -

Been following this thread for a while, nice to know that I wasn't the only one waiting forever!
    Phone arrived yesterday, this cover http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?itemId=360535014154 arrived today, cheap and should prevent breakage and looks pretty discrete. Now to get my Micro SIM
    chins22 and GadgetHoney like this.

So the phone is actually damn nice when you actually use it, its real fast and just smooth overall, but my main problem is, and i wanna know if any of you guys have the same problem too, is that my WiFi doesnt work at home, it connects and i get full bars on the WiFi indicator and its the colour blue but yet it still doesnt work, but at my college it does work for some odd reason, so yeah does anyone else have this problem? and or know how to fix this problem??????

WOW are people still waiting on orders!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ehsaan View Post
    my WiFi doesnt work at home, it connects and i get full bars on the WiFi indicator and its the colour blue but yet it still doesnt work, but at my college it does work for some odd reason, so yeah does anyone else have this problem? and or know how to fix this problem??????
    Do you have any other devices using the same ip address on your home network?
    ~Sonic Alpha - 16GB Nexus 4 - 16GB Nexus 7

So the phone is actually damn nice when you actually use it, its real fast and just smooth overall, but my main problem is, and i wanna know if any of you guys have the same problem too, is that my WiFi doesnt work at home, it connects and i get full bars on the WiFi indicator and its the colour blue but yet it still doesnt work, but at my college it does work for some odd reason, so yeah does anyone else have this problem? and or know how to fix this problem??????
    No problem at home for me. Sorry I can't suggest a solution. Hope you sort it soon!

Got this flip case cover.

Not real leather and has that nasty faux leather smell. I'm sure that will fade. Apart from that looks smart and should provide good protection to front and back if dropped, particularly when flap closed. Of course the front is exposed if you drop phone when flap open. I was in two minds about getting a cover as the phone is so sleek but I'll be happy to use the cover when out and about and enjoy it naked at home. The phone that is!
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #169  

Got this flip case cover.

Not real leather and has that nasty faux leather smell. I'm sure that will fade. Apart from that looks smart and should provide good protection to front and back if dropped, particularly when flap closed. Of course the front is exposed if you drop phone when flap open. I was in two minds about getting a cover as the phone is so sleek but I'll be happy to use the cover when out and about and enjoy it naked at home. The phone that is!
    Lol Lol Lol and Lol!!!

Yea saw this one too. I have now forked out 30 :/
    John Mills1 likes this.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #170  

Maybe change router signal channel. Change password.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Alpha View Post
    Do you have any other devices using the same ip address on your home network?
    yeahh my there is a galaxy s3 and s2 and Gnexus in my house and they all work fine except for my N4, but the WiFi does work at my college so i dnt know whats happening

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GadgetHoney View Post
    Maybe change router signal channel. Change password.
    How do you do this???

yeahh my there is a galaxy s3 and s2 and Gnexus in my house and they all work fine except for my N4
    Are you using static ip addresses, or is everything set to auto?
    ~Sonic Alpha - 16GB Nexus 4 - 16GB Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Alpha View Post
    Are you using static ip addresses, or is everything set to auto?
    I dont even know what the hell that means looool
    GadgetHoney likes this.
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #174  

yeahh my there is a galaxy s3 and s2 and Gnexus in my house and they all work fine except for my N4, but the WiFi does work at my college so i dnt know whats happening

- - - Updated - - -

How do you do this???

You log on online to your settings. We use sky so you log in as the administrator to your router. Not sure how other internet providers do this. But this info is provided by sky. Its called the sky router log in.
    Thanked by:
    ehsaan 

I've ordered a replacement which should get here by the end of next week, hopefully that fixes the problem
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast