UK order 16gb Nexus 4 Thursday 6th of December

John Mills1

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
So far have been checking google wallet for updates and nothing to report. Just checked my google account / orders and its showing an estimated shipping date 23/1 which is 7 weeks from order date. This info was added at beginning of Jan without any pushing from me. If it ships on 23rd don't suppose I can complain as the original estimate was 6/7 weeks. Still if google is close to clearing the backlog it's seems a bit odd that google play is not taking any new orders. Maybe they are supplying the big mobile phone sellers instead?

GadgetHoney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
So far have been checking google wallet for updates and nothing to report. Just checked my google account / orders and its showing an estimated shipping date 23/1 which is 7 weeks from order date. This info was added at beginning of Jan without any pushing from me. If it ships on 23rd don't suppose I can complain as the original estimate was 6/7 weeks. Still if google is close to clearing the backlog it's seems a bit odd that google play is not taking any new orders. Maybe they are supplying the big mobile phone sellers instead?

Mine has also updated either yesterday or today with a shipping estimate of 23rd Jan, again the date 7 weeks from placing the original order. I wait in hope!

GadgetHoney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
They are absolute rubbish. I saw "Out for Delivery" on the TNT tracking system on 17th Dec but I was out of the country for couple of weeks. So I called them to arrange the pickup in the first week of Jan'13. The female on the phone told me that it was all booked for me and I need not worry about anything. But as I had some doubt in mind so I called them to confirm on30th Dec, and they told me that the package is lost. I was asked to contact Google for further enquiries and to request the refund. Google on the other hand said to me that they do not replace devices so refunded me the full amount. I was completely helpless. I have given all my feedback to Google but nothing happened after that!!

How can Google get it so wrong?! This is the worst product launch EVER! They should have just sent you a new one. I don't understand why the have so little stock for so long. It's ridiculous!!

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Mine has also updated either yesterday or today with a shipping estimate of 23rd Jan, again the date 7 weeks from placing the original order. I wait in hope!

John Mills1 & GadgetHoney - What was the time period you guys were given initially?
I was given 5-6 weeks and still can see shipping date as 16th Jan (TODAY)
Dont understand anything :(

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Good lord!!! Lost your order??? WTF??? How is that possible????? I can't believe they are being sooooooo rubbish!!!!!!

They told me the depot had the last scan so it definitely arrived at a depot in London and after that they have no idea how it got lost.
I remember checking the status "Driver out for delivery" on the TNT system which was changed later.

I find everything suspicious - do not bel them at all.
Just wanted to warn you all about TNT - along with Google, they are also proved to be equally chaotic for me!!

ivrimon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
John Mills1 & GadgetHoney - What was the time period you guys were given initially?

I was 5-6 weeks and mine has just updated too with today as the shipping date. I'm not getting my hopes up though :(

GadgetHoney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site

Hi, i was given 23rd January. Which would be the last day of the 6-7 week shipping time. Perhaps you should call Google? I'm, in London UK are you in America?

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I was 5-6 weeks and mine has just updated too with today as the shipping date. I'm not getting my hopes up though :(

Wow! I think I should be now mentally prepared for 1 more week at least.
I will give them a call late tonight or tomorrow regarding this :-S

GadgetHoney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
They told me the depot had the last scan so it definitely arrived at a depot in London and after that they have no idea how it got lost.
I remember checking the status "Driver out for delivery" on the TNT system which was changed later.

Just wanted to warn you all about TNT - along with Google, they are also proved to be equally chaotic for me!!

I reckon someone has nabbeed it!

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
so Chins22 no new update for you even though delivery should be today?

Correct.
One more thing I did not understand - inside Google Play orders status, there is a date called 2nd Jan' 13.
When i take the mouse over date (title on the top), it says the last time your order was updated.
I do not know what exactly they updated on this date.
Just curiosity to kill time :p

I am also trying to find more people on twitter to get some idea.
Found somebody with 6th Dec order date and it shipped today!! Need to find his location though :)

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear that u had such terrible services from Google and TNT. I totally agree with you that Google Support agents are terrible, they knw bloody nothing, each agent says different thing and the ones end up suffering are customers. TNT on the other hand i had great experience with. First delivery was good, second delivery for my replacement device was even better. They 1st came at 11am but i missed. Came back home at around 11:50am and surprise surprise, the delivery man came back at 1pm to deliver the phone AGAIN. I was like WOW, never had such fantastic service b4.

GadgetHoney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Correct.
One more thing I did not understand - inside Google Play orders status, there is a date called 2nd Jan' 13.
When i take the mouse over date (title on the top), it says the last time your order was updated.
I do not know what exactly they updated on this date.
Just curiosity to kill time :p

I am also trying to find more people on twitter to get some idea.
Found somebody with 6th Dec order date and it shipped today!! Need to find his location though :)

I had that date too. When i spoke to Google, they said it was the date that they checked my bank account details. So they send a ?1 charge to your account (doesnt actually get taken out from your account) to check it does exist. Yes, would be interested to hear if you find anyone on Twitter. would like to know if people are really getting their orders on time or even before the proposed delivery date.

GadgetHoney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear that u had such terrible services from Google and TNT. I totally agree with you that Google Support agents are terrible, they knw bloody nothing, each agent says different thing and the ones end up suffering are customers. TNT on the other hand i had great experience with. First delivery was good, second delivery for my replacement device was even better. They 1st came at 11am but i missed. Came back home at around 11:50am and surprise surprise, the delivery man came back at 1pm to deliver the phone AGAIN. I was like WOW, never had such fantastic service b4.

That is good :)
what delivery date did you have and did they deliver on that date or before?

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I had that date too. When i spoke to Google, they said it was the date that they checked my bank account details. So they send a ?1 charge to your account (doesnt actually get taken out from your account) to check it does exist. Yes, would be interested to hear if you find anyone on Twitter. would like to know if people are really getting their orders on time or even before the proposed delivery date.

Here you go...
This guy on twitter has not replied to me yet
BUT from his old post - he is most probably from UK (London I guess)
now what??

I dont know whether I should call them and shout at them or be patient
totally confused!!

chins22

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Call and shout! :)

Just called them for the 100th time :)
The customer rep was good - I was old that I will be refunded the delivery charge and my order will be now pushed through for quicker delivery.
She was quite helpful and willing to help.
She did mention 2-3 days and also said there might not be any shipments later today
The long wait continues....

GadgetHoney

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Just called them for the 100th time :)
The customer rep was good - I was old that I will be refunded the delivery charge and my order will be now pushed through for quicker delivery.
She was quite helpful and willing to help.
She did mention 2-3 days and also said there might not be any shipments later today
The long wait continues....

That's good news, but not good that you still have to wait even though its over your delivery time. They obviously are still waiting for more phones to arrive off the production line! at least you get back the shipping costs :)