Sim Tray Stuck

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Got my nexus 4 yesterday, very happy with the device except for the sim tray. Eject and insert my vodafone sim card into the phone without any problems. However i tried to eject the sim tray to put a different sim in but the sim tray just wont come out.

Any recommendation on what i should do?

Many thanks.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Got my nexus 4 yesterday, very happy with the device except for the sim tray. Eject and insert my vodafone sim card into the phone without any problems. However i tried to eject the sim tray to put a different sim in but the sim tray just wont come out.

Any recommendation on what i should do?

Many thanks.
You need that little tool to pull it open. Or a pin.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
i use the sim eject tool that came with the phone but no matter how hard i tried to push it, the sim tray wont pop out

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i use the sim eject tool that came with the phone but no matter how hard i tried to push it, the sim tray wont pop out
Dang. You may want to bring it in to where you get your mobile plan to see if they can help. They do this all the time. Or call Google and speak to them they may be able to help or send you a new phone. Totally sucks.

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
called Google yesterday, gona get replacement in 4-5 working days so i guess 6th or 7th of Jan but their service really pissed me off. I had to called them three times to get the correct replacement link to purchase the Nexus 4 (the previous two they either send me replacement link to nexus 7 or 10).

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
called Google yesterday, gona get replacement in 4-5 working days so i guess 6th or 7th of Jan but their service really pissed me off. I had to called them three times to get the correct replacement link to purchase the Nexus 4 (the previous two they either send me replacement link to nexus 7 or 10).

You really do need to push quite hard, perhaps much harder than you might think...

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
I pushed really hard, my finger hurt so bad and the eject tool bent so i guess the sim tray stuck not because i am doing it wrong

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. After i watched the youtube video sent by ChrisXe i ordered the HTC sim eject tool and it came 3 days ago and it was effortless trying to eject the sim tray i as just need a lil push. I just remembered just now and thought i would share the resolution if someone might be struggling using the LG's sim eject tool.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. After i watched the youtube video sent by ChrisXe i ordered the HTC sim eject tool and it came 3 days ago and it was effortless trying to eject the sim tray i as just need a lil push. I just remembered just now and thought i would share the resolution if someone might be struggling using the LG's sim eject tool.
awesome. Glad you got it fixed. How's the phone treating you now?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38