Few problems i'm having with my N4

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hi guy's.. Havent been here for sometime due to travelling and now i'm finally back home.

So i'm having few problems with the N4:

1. The system keeps jumping between H+ and 3G all the time, i'm not sure how it affects me but i dont really understand why it happens.
2. The email push is not working as well as i thought. Sometimes it doesnt notify me about emails at all (maybe due to the H+ and 3G hooping) and when i get an email that goes to a different folder than the inbox i dont get notified about those emails at all.
3. Whatsapp messages get delayed sometimes and i get them several minutes after someone send them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Nonymous666

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
1. The system keeps jumping between H+ and 3G all the time, i'm not sure how it affects me but i dont really understand why it happens.
If you're on T-Mobile, that's normal. Most of T-Mobile users (including me) experience this. (Some don't, though.) With tmobile, it seems that when the phone is idle, it goes to 3G. When it starts actively using data, it switches to H.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
If you're on T-Mobile, that's normal. Most of T-Mobile users (including me) experience this. (Some don't, though.) With tmobile, it seems that when the phone is idle, it goes to 3G. When it starts actively using data, it switches to H.

I'm in Canada and on Rogers.

PWC Realtor

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Depends on market. I have T-mobile in Northern Virginia and my phone shows H when idle and H when actively transmitting data (H+ if on a custom ROM)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi guy's.. Havent been here for sometime due to travelling and now i'm finally back home.

2. The email push is not working as well as i thought. Sometimes it doesnt notify me about emails at all (maybe due to the H+ and 3G hooping) and when i get an email that goes to a different folder than the inbox i dont get notified about those emails at all.
3. Whatsapp messages get delayed sometimes and i get them several minutes after someone send them.

Hey V-Tech. I hope you had a great holiday.

The flipping from H+ and 3G is due to the Rogers signal. You would get the same issue with LTE flipping back to H+ in areas with a poor signal. This is normal. Btw you can also turn on your LTE if you like. Takes less than a minute. Just Google LTE Nexus 4.

As for email notifications. You were a BB user so get used to not getting the same response time on that. BlackBerry is the best for this. But you may want to check your settings and check what you have your sync set to. I think it is 15 minutes by default. You may have to adjust the settings for each account.

I don't use WhatsApp much so I can't help you there but a slower data speed could be the culprit. Now that you are home try turning on LTE to see if you get a better signal in your area and also see how fast it works on wifi.

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Hey V-Tech. I hope you had a great holiday.

The flipping from H+ and 3G is due to the Rogers signal. You would get the same issue with LTE flipping back to H+ in areas with a poor signal. This is normal. Btw you can also turn on your LTE if you like. Takes less than a minute. Just Google LTE Nexus 4.

As for email notifications. You were a BB user so get used to not getting the same response time on that. BlackBerry is the best for this. But you may want to check your settings and check what you have your sync set to. I think it is 15 minutes by default. You may have to adjust the settings for each account.

I don't use WhatsApp much so I can't help you there but a slower data speed could be the culprit. Now that you are home try turning on LTE to see if you get a better signal in your area and also see how fast it works on wifi.

Hi badbrad17,

i'm using the Gmail app for email and not the Email thing. Is there a difference between them and what's better?

maxod

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site

Hey V-Tech. I'm on Fido and that is what it does but it appears that this is normal. Have fun with your phone as there are lots of stuff to tweak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira