Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By V-Tech
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Default Few problems i'm having with my N4

Hi guy's.. Havent been here for sometime due to travelling and now i'm finally back home.

So i'm having few problems with the N4:

1. The system keeps jumping between H+ and 3G all the time, i'm not sure how it affects me but i dont really understand why it happens.
    2. The email push is not working as well as i thought. Sometimes it doesnt notify me about emails at all (maybe due to the H+ and 3G hooping) and when i get an email that goes to a different folder than the inbox i dont get notified about those emails at all.
    3. Whatsapp messages get delayed sometimes and i get them several minutes after someone send them.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Nexus 4 16GB | iPad 2
    Savemyeps - Best way to track your TV shows.

Default Re: Few problems i'm having with my N4

Quote Originally Posted by V-Tech View Post
    1. The system keeps jumping between H+ and 3G all the time, i'm not sure how it affects me but i dont really understand why it happens.
    If you're on T-Mobile, that's normal. Most of T-Mobile users (including me) experience this. (Some don't, though.) With tmobile, it seems that when the phone is idle, it goes to 3G. When it starts actively using data, it switches to H.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Nonymous666 View Post
    If you're on T-Mobile, that's normal. Most of T-Mobile users (including me) experience this. (Some don't, though.) With tmobile, it seems that when the phone is idle, it goes to 3G. When it starts actively using data, it switches to H.
    I'm in Canada and on Rogers.
    Nexus 4 16GB | iPad 2

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Quote Originally Posted by Nonymous666 View Post
    Depends on market. I have T-mobile in Northern Virginia and my phone shows H when idle and H when actively transmitting data (H+ if on a custom ROM)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Hi guy's.. Havent been here for sometime due to travelling and now i'm finally back home.

2. The email push is not working as well as i thought. Sometimes it doesnt notify me about emails at all (maybe due to the H+ and 3G hooping) and when i get an email that goes to a different folder than the inbox i dont get notified about those emails at all.
    3. Whatsapp messages get delayed sometimes and i get them several minutes after someone send them.

Hey V-Tech. I hope you had a great holiday.

The flipping from H+ and 3G is due to the Rogers signal. You would get the same issue with LTE flipping back to H+ in areas with a poor signal. This is normal. Btw you can also turn on your LTE if you like. Takes less than a minute. Just Google LTE Nexus 4.

As for email notifications. You were a BB user so get used to not getting the same response time on that. BlackBerry is the best for this. But you may want to check your settings and check what you have your sync set to. I think it is 15 minutes by default. You may have to adjust the settings for each account.

I don't use WhatsApp much so I can't help you there but a slower data speed could be the culprit. Now that you are home try turning on LTE to see if you get a better signal in your area and also see how fast it works on wifi.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Hey V-Tech. I hope you had a great holiday.

The flipping from H+ and 3G is due to the Rogers signal. You would get the same issue with LTE flipping back to H+ in areas with a poor signal. This is normal. Btw you can also turn on your LTE if you like. Takes less than a minute. Just Google LTE Nexus 4.

As for email notifications. You were a BB user so get used to not getting the same response time on that. BlackBerry is the best for this. But you may want to check your settings and check what you have your sync set to. I think it is 15 minutes by default. You may have to adjust the settings for each account.

I don't use WhatsApp much so I can't help you there but a slower data speed could be the culprit. Now that you are home try turning on LTE to see if you get a better signal in your area and also see how fast it works on wifi.

Hi badbrad17,

i'm using the Gmail app for email and not the Email thing. Is there a difference between them and what's better?
    Nexus 4 16GB | iPad 2

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

Hi badbrad17,

i'm using the Gmail app for email and not the Email thing. Is there a difference between them and what's better?
    Make sure Gmail sync is turned on otherwise email won't be pushed.

Hey V-Tech. I'm on Fido and that is what it does but it appears that this is normal. Have fun with your phone as there are lots of stuff to tweak.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    Make sure Gmail sync is turned on otherwise email won't be pushed.

What he said. I get my gmail almost instantly.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

For emails filtered to labels other than the inbox, go into your settings in the gmail app and turn on notifications for that label.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDroid View Post
    For emails filtered to labels other than the inbox, go into your settings in the gmail app and turn on notifications for that label.
    Thanks, i did what you said now let's see if it helps.
    Nexus 4 16GB | iPad 2
    badbrad17 likes this.