Nexus 4/iPhone 5 SIM

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have an iPhone 5 currently and should be getting a Nexus 4 from a guy locally today. I'm keeping both so I can switch between the two. I'm on AT&T LTE Unlimited data plan. I know/think the iPhone 5 uses a nano-SIM and Nexus uses a micro. Would it best to just get Nano-Micro SIM adapter?

Also, would there be a need to change APN settings?

Thanks all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rootedVette

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
You should be able to use the adapter. I believe Phil Nickinson had an article right after the Nexus 4 came out on what settings you would have to use in this scenario.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
You should be able to use the adapter. I believe Phil Nickinson had an article right after the Nexus 4 came out on what settings you would have to use in this scenario.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Thanks. I'll look at his profile for threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
You can use an adapter, just make sure the sim is inserted correctly when you put it into your n4. There were a lot of reports of people getting their sim trays jammed because the SIM wasn't seated properly.

Your APN settings should work fine, you just obviously won't get LTE speeds. It should just revert back to HSPA

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
It's working for me and has been since last week. I just set up using the phone apn settings (they're listed in the forum somewhere). Didn't change anything with my data plan and haven't had any service issues

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

John-Smith

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi quick question, instead of making a separate thread I was hoping someone here could answer.

My GF just got her Nexus 4 and is currently using an iPhone 3GS on straight talk. I've cut SIM cards before so that's not a problem. Would I be able to just pop the SIM from the iPhone and put it in the Nexus 4 and it will work?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi quick question, instead of making a separate thread I was hoping someone here could answer.

My GF just got her Nexus 4 and is currently using an iPhone 3GS on straight talk. I've cut SIM cards before so that's not a problem. Would I be able to just pop the SIM from the iPhone and put it in the Nexus 4 and it will work?
Yes you can trim it and it will work. You would better off with a new Sim so you get Hspa+ speeds...