Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Suddenly my FB contacts got emply

Hi Guys,

Maybe one of you can help me out here 'cos I'm losing my mind...

I'm trying to sync my phone contacts with my FB friends, I mean their pics.
    Tried FB contact sync app for that but after using it for a while, noticed some of the pics just not fit well to my Nexus screen, HD pics as well ,so I tried other apps like - friendcaster.
    Same thing happened here, so I backed to the original FB app. but now I noticed something wrong.
    under my "People-->contacts to display-->Facebook" , I have an empty list. none. Where the hell is my FB friends ??
    Tried to remove the accound and the app and add it again but no luck.
    Tried to sync FB accound many many times but still, I understand the app not pulls out my friends list from the site.
    I dont mind to use other apps like Haxsync but need the option to sync manually the contacts (non English names). but cannot sync it manually if cannot see any of my FB contacts right ?!

10x

Default Re: Suddenly my FB contacts got emply

What happens when you just choose "all contacts?" The same thing happens to me when I choose Facebook contacts, they all disappear, but when I choose All Contacts or Google, they all show up.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

first - thanks for your replay.
    yeah you right! I know that when you choose all contacts , all coming up again. make sense since my google contacts are ok, only cannot see FB contacts there.
    BUT I'm starting to understand what happened here... we never had that (at least for the past week when I got my n4 device). the only way you can pull out all your FB friends is via 3rd app like I first installed - "FB contact sync" . that app gave me the FB list not the stock FB app. I removed "FB contact sync" during my tests with other apps and therefore all my list gone.

I tried "friendcaster" or "haxsync" but these apps not gave you all FB friends list only the ones that matched your phone contacts .
    and "FB contact sync" is ok but downloading worst pix resolution. tried any resolution there but still was sucks and cropping is needed in some of them.
    I didnt find how to manual link my friends with haxsync. do u have an idea how to do that ?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

OK found it! one of haxSync options is called " existing contacts only". it was checked that's why couldn't see all friends under its list.
    unchecked that option and all came up and haxSync even has build it contact manager for manual link inside its settings. great!

solved!