Give it a few weeks before loading down with Apps...

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
My suggestion is for all new Nexus 4 owners to wait 2 weeks to see how an unfettered OS runs without the burden of Apps!

Get a feel for the real os, speed, lag, browser, battery, test out all functions, phone, music player, browser, camera, video, keyboard.

Your first App should show what Apps are running in the background, then you can see which ones are sneaking resources behind your back.

Then load in one App at a time and run for 5 days before loading another App.

When you dump multiple Apps on the phone, you'll have an extremely hard time figuring which one was bogging down the OS or which one is draining the battery. Then you will have to remove all and reload one at a time to see which ones are messing up your phones performance.

Here is an other post which is along the same lines.
http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-4/233085-so-called-nexus-4-battery-woes.html

Last edited:

swarlos

Trusted Member
Mar 8, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a lot of work just to get some extra juice out of the phone. When I had my android devices I logged in and let everything auto restore. Really became a pain when I was crack flashing almost every week.

Seems like with this method you wouldn't be able to fully enjoy your phone for a month or so.

I would say download the apps from reputable devs then be wary of any others apps that are newer or seem fishy I guess and go from there.

Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like a PITA. Who honestly wants to wait around for days on end before loading up your apps? I'd rather pay $30 for an extra battery and just be done with it....and stay away from the "crap-apps" :)

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like a PITA. Who honestly wants to wait around for days on end before loading up your apps? I'd rather pay $30 for an extra battery and just be done with it....and stay away from the "crap-apps" :)

Do you own a Nexus 4, haven't you viewed a tear down? You don't simply plunk in a spare battery, you have to perform a major dissassembly to replace a Nexus 4 battery. Anyway, for all the negativity to my op, it was simply a response to all those having battery drain or what they feel is battery drain. To explain that typically poor battery life is due to an App running constantly in the background and showing that each individual should pay attention to every App they load. Teach yourself what is it doing and why and how often and do you choose to let it do that or or do your change the settings of the App and if it doesn't aloow you to modify its settings, do you delete it.

TechZOnline

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I really don't think I am that patient. I installed all I wanted (mostly non-background apps) and am quite satisfied with the device. Lasts 2 days on a full charge with wifi @ home and data @ work/out.

*edit* This could be because my last phone had way less battery capacity and was loaded with manufacturer apps.

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I wasn't being negative to you specifically.... I just think you're asking far more than the average person is capable of doing :) No I don't own a Nexus 4, and no I haven't seen a teardown. You could probably put 4 different Android phones in front of me, ask me to pick out the Nexus, and there's a chance I might pick the wrong one. I tend to be very one tracked when it comes to phones, probably a good part of the reason I stuck it out with webOS for the last three years. Had a realized there wasn't a removable battery, I might have suggested buying a portable battery pack... Lol. I just picked up a 6600mA 2A (or dual 1A) charger at The Source for $99 yesterday, good to charge my SGS3 three times or my TouchPad once. It's light-weight, small and I think I will get some good use out of it.

Maybe you were directing this at more seasoned users, I don't think many people want to sit around and analyze their battery in their first week with their brand new phones..... They just want to use and play with them! I :)

Happy New Year! :)

Do you own a Nexus 4, haven't you viewed a tear down? You don't simply plunk in a spare battery, you have to perform a major dissassembly to replace a Nexus 4 battery. Anyway, for all the negativity to my op, it was simply a response to all those having battery drain or what they feel is battery drain. To explain that typically poor battery life is due to an App running constantly in the background and showing that each individual should pay attention to every App they load. Teach yourself what is it doing and why and how often and do you choose to let it do that or or do your change the settings of the App and if it doesn't aloow you to modify its settings, do you delete it.

aust_himself

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
I keep my n4 relatively light and load the 32g n7 with apps, but I've recently ran multiple apps without exiting and I have yet to slow this thing down. I mean all day use without closing one all to see if I notice a difference and other than battery drain the processor can really do some work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781