Screen Lock shortcut?

Jawnb

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I'll feel really stupid if this is obvious.. I can't find a shortcut to lock screen orientation on the nexus 4 android 4.2. I have to go all the way into settings, display then untick it. I couldn't even make a tasker app for it. Any help? Seems like a stupid feature to hide.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You could install an app called Power Toggles, gives you the CM and other custom skin style toggles on the top of the notification tray. Blends in very nice too. Once you got that, you can probably add the toggle for screen orientation there. Also, I think the built in widget for the toggles has it too so you could place that somewhere and toggle it from there. Other than that, you will always have to go into the settings for rotation.

Jawnb

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hmm I was hoping I wouldn't have to install an app for this, but power tools does the job well. Thanks.

Edit: you can do it with tasker :) make a new task > display rotation. Then you can add a tasker widget to the home screen. Although power toggles does add a notification shade button which is more convenient.

Last edited:

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I was under the impression you needed root access for Tasker, but I guess not. Either way you have two good methods there. I prefer Power Toggles though for the other toggles that I'm accustomed to using (Wifi, GPS, Bluetooth)

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I haven't checked this particular item, but in the latest version of Android, many (or even most) of these toggles don't toggle anything at all - they act simply as shortcuts to the appropriate Settings page. This has something to do with new security measures built into Android 4.2.x.

Your mileage may vary - but for sure, don't pay for one of these apps until you know for sure that it actually does what you want it to.

Jawnb

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Power toggles and the tasker task both work at toggling tilt lock. Hd widgets also has a button to toggle tilt lock on the home screen.