Nexus 4 camera turns yellow when focusing

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
When in the picture app and the camera is trying to focus on something in certain lighting and the picture will go yellow and way off with colors but other times its fine. Anyone noticed this as well?

EDIT: For example, if I'm taking a picture of something red after focuses the whole screen will turn yellow until I refocus on something else.

Last edited:

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Play around with the lighting setting. But yes I did notice that sometimes the colour goes a bit weird until I refocus.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1356958734370.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1356958734370.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 82

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I also noticed this, and its making the camera app work like !
When i take pictures in special lightning (light from the long tube light bulbs, flourusant(?), sorry dont know whats it called :p )
I can see that it tries all the options in the picture in #2 post, its almost like the app tries one, find out its bad, tries the next one, bad, and so on. I can see the colors changing several times before/under/after it focuses.

Personaly i think the camera app sucks. I tried the camera zoom app, and it worked MUCH better, and the color problem didnt occur when i tested it. Hope they will fix this! :)

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I think this has happened to my camera as well. I think it changed yellowy after I pointed the camera towards some light. And now i have no idea how to get rid of the yellowish colours. At the moment my front facing camera is taking better pictures than the rear camera.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
One thing I have found is if you hold down the blue shutter button until it focuses then just release it. I get better focus and shots overall. Especially with a flash.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan