the back of my nexus 4

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
The back of it does not have all the sparkle that everyone has. Is this just my phone or is this with all the phones that shipped today

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
post a pic. even with the protective clear, you can't miss the effect. double check it a brightly lit room or outside light and look at angles and you'll see it.

... unless they changed the back of the glass due to some of the reported cracking?

The back of it does not have all the sparkle that everyone has. Is this just my phone or is this with all the phones that shipped today

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I thought that it might have something to so with the protective but it doesn't they still have a small effect but it isn't noticeable
In using it now, I'll send it when I get on a computer

It also didn't have the original orange go you slide the other box out of. It just have the taped box if u guys have any idea what ik talking about lol.
Nevermind. It wa stuck in tge shipping box

Last edited:

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Does it look like this?

If so...I'm sorry.

From this article (which says nothing about the odd back pictured)
Another new wave of Nexus 4s shipping | Android Central

I've searched and searched but can find no info on anything about a plain black N4 being shipped out.

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site

AuntieJimbo

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I won't lie, it's not nearly as pretty. Heck, it's not even slightly as pretty as it should be. I'd definitely call. I assure you, I'd be on the phone (my other phone) immediately if mine didn't sparkle.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's not pretty at all! lol, you kidding me? Well I just phoned them at Tim I think his name was? (Tim Cook? :O) but anyways i asked if i could have a replacement device because I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen. He put me up for one because I think that's not normal...? Maybe mine was manufactured wrong :/

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Look on the bright side...maybe it's a super rare original dev phone worth some $$$!

Either way, it appears to be VERY rare. Until we hear otherwise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC