Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: Contacts Transfer

Quote Originally Posted by unstoppablekem View Post
    Yes. It is checked.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Maybe your FB contacts are not sharing their emails?

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

I followed the instructions on how to set up a cardDAV account from the google website . Everything went fine, except when I try to create a new contact. I have 281 contacts on my iCloud account, and when i switch to google it say i have 290. When i check mark both accounts i have 298.
    So my first question is, when I set up carddav, why do i have extra contacts on Google if carDAV works smoothly with iOS?

If I modify anything in iCloud, it gets sync'd to google. However if I try to add a new contact in Apple Contacts it doesn't show up in google anymore; the reverse is also true.
    With my old contacts i see on each entry an iCloud and cardDAV (Linked Contacts). On new entries there is no such link.

In my Apple Contacts preferences, I left the default account as iCloud. If I change it to google per the instructions, then new contacts are added to google, but not added to Apple Contacts.

This new cardDAV approach seems very close, but not exactly what I need. Gmail is my primary email, but Apple Contacts is my primary address book. My devices are all Apple: Macbook, iPad and iPhone 5. iCloud works perfectly between the devices. I want to add google as a "device" to this arrangement, because I got a Nexus 4 that Im trying out, and want to sync back and forth between the two device. Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance for the help.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Lazo7 View Post
    I followed the instructions on how to set up a cardDAV account from the google website . Everything went fine, except when I try to create a new contact. I have 281 contacts on my iCloud account, and when i switch to google it say i have 290. When i check mark both accounts i have 298.
    So my first question is, when I set up carddav, why do i have extra contacts on Google if carDAV works smoothly with iOS?

If I modify anything in iCloud, it gets sync'd to google. However if I try to add a new contact in Apple Contacts it doesn't show up in google anymore; the reverse is also true.
    With my old contacts i see on each entry an iCloud and cardDAV (Linked Contacts). On new entries there is no such link.

In my Apple Contacts preferences, I left the default account as iCloud. If I change it to google per the instructions, then new contacts are added to google, but not added to Apple Contacts.

This new cardDAV approach seems very close, but not exactly what I need. Gmail is my primary email, but Apple Contacts is my primary address book. My devices are all Apple: Macbook, iPad and iPhone 5. iCloud works perfectly between the devices. I want to add google as a "device" to this arrangement, because I got a Nexus 4 that Im trying out, and want to sync back and forth between the two device. Is there any way to accomplish what I am trying to do?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    Get

Android Evangelist

I have a Mac, too, but you don't need your Mac or PC. Export the contacts file with your Lumia, attach it as an email and send it to whatever account you set up for your Nexus 4, save the file on your Nexus 4, open People.app, touch the Menu dots, choose Import/Export, Import from Storage and locate the file.

One thing that surprised me is how much better my BlackBerry was and is at contacts integration and inter-app usability, its one of the very few things I miss about BB.

SIDENOTE: Any recommendations for a contacts manager that doesn't allow the developer access to all of my contacts? I don't mind paying, Permissions don't bother me if I know the app isn't forwarding anything to the developer's or third party servers.
    •°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by andr0idralphie View Post
    I have a Mac, too, but you don't need your Mac or PC. Export the contacts file with your Lumia, attach it as an email and send it to whatever account you set up for your Nexus 4, save the file on your Nexus 4, open People.app, touch the Menu dots, choose Import/Export, Import from Storage and locate the file.

One thing that surprised me is how much better my BlackBerry was and is at contacts integration and inter-app usability, its one of the very few things I miss about BB.

SIDENOTE: Any recommendations for a contacts manager that doesn't allow the developer access to all of my contacts? I don't mind paying, Permissions don't bother me if I know the app isn't forwarding anything to the developer's or third party servers.
    Okay. I'll try that. I've been very busy lately.

Also to everyone else, thank you too!! I appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
    Lumia 920 , thats Outlook for contacts then? Try something along the lines of "MyPhoneExplorer" ().
    +1 Fantastic app
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Get

Forget it. Not paying.

8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Okay, I have so many contacts that I don't want to go one by one. Any FAST and FREE methods?

Okay, I have so many contacts that I don't want to go one by one. Any FAST and FREE methods? Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I used this method to transfer my contacts en masse, not one by one, that would be nearly fruitless. There's no way to export all your contacts using the Lumia contacts manager app?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Forget it. Not paying.

for business it is a must, but I understand it's not cheap. The crazy part is that I never have to plug in my phone. Everything updates wirelessly. Contacts, notes, tasks, calendar events. It's a super handy program.

Android Evangelist
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #36  

I used this method to transfer my contacts en masse, not one by one, that would be nearly fruitless. There's no way to export all your contacts using the Lumia contacts manager app?
    Only importing...

Only importing...
    Horrible. Yay Microsoft.
    •°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Horrible. Yay Microsoft.
    Well if a Dev on android could make an app that imports contacts via Bluetooth like Nokia's Transfer my Data, then I'm all ears.

Did you search the Play Store? I ran into but you might want to try to search yourself. My old htc Sensation had a nifty Transfer.app that worked for contacts, sms/mms and media.
    •°•WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5•°•

both phones are NFC right. Try using that

Yes, it possible to transfer contacts through Bluetooth from Nokia to Nexus4.

You have to mark all contacts, select "send business card" and send Bluetooth mode to transfer it. its very well worked for me.

In nexus select the contacts and import it.

--Nithin

@OP: Try the app called Listables. This allows you to export all the contacts in the desired format (VCard, CSV, html etc.). It allows the user to simply send that file as an email (or) upload to dropbox etc.
    on your Lumia, you can simply import the file and everything should be restored easily!

I am not aware of any direct sync applications though.

hope this helps!

MyPhoneExplorer is free and a mature app. Does a lot more as well.
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #44  

Did you search the Play Store? I ran into but you might want to try to search yourself. My old htc Sensation had a nifty Transfer.app that worked for contacts, sms/mms and media.
    Tried that.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #45  

Quote Originally Posted by yubeie View Post
    @OP: Try the app called Listables. This allows you to export all the contacts in the desired format (VCard, CSV, html etc.). It allows the user to simply send that file as an email (or) upload to dropbox etc.
    on your Lumia, you can simply import the file and everything should be restored easily!

I am not aware of any direct sync applications though.

hope this helps!
    No, I need the contacts on my Lumia to be imported to my Nexus 4.
  21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Quote Originally Posted by spile1 View Post
    Nope.

Global Posts
    286 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spile1 View Post
    Yep.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #48  

Quote Originally Posted by dbareis View Post
    Yep.
    It didn't work for me, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Make them Google contacts and you can have them on any phone within seconds.

True that

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12