A few problems with my Nexus

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Had my nexus a week now, and i love the phone but the software has a few things i really hate.

Bluetooth doesnt work properly, when connected to my handsfree in the car it connects - diconnect -connect -disconnect and so on, on off on off.

The camera app is crap, color is changing when focusing/after focusing in special lighting, its like the app tries different settings several times. I can see the color changes many times. Downloaded the camera zoom app, and damn it was much better! But the stock app is a bit simpler so i like it better besides the problems.

It has restarted 2 times

And the new way to control the vibration pisses me off! Why do i have to go into every F*** app to turn on/off vibration, and also into settings for all my email accounts and in "sound" settings menu?
How is that "better" than before when one button turn on and off all the vibration?
And not be able to adjust different sound level on ringtone and notification tone? Cant understand that..

Thats two big steps in the wrong direction in my opinion.

I also miss the toggles in the pulldown notification menu (if it ever has been there? Im coming from S2 and S3 phones) The ones
that is there now i dont think working good.

But otherwise i LOVE the design, the feel the clean android.. Hope google can fixe the small issues :)

loosecannon6

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Had my nexus a week now, and i love the phone but the software has a few things i really hate.

Bluetooth doesnt work properly, when connected to my handsfree in the car it connects - diconnect -connect -disconnect and so on, on off on off.

The camera app is crap, color is changing when focusing/after focusing in special lighting, its like the app tries different settings several times. I can see the color changes many times. Downloaded the camera zoom app, and damn it was much better! But the stock app is a bit simpler so i like it better besides the problems.

It has restarted 2 times

And the new way to control the vibration pisses me off! Why do i have to go into every F*** app to turn on/off vibration, and also into settings for all my email accounts and in "sound" settings menu?
How is that "better" than before when one button turn on and off all the vibration?
And not be able to adjust different sound level on ringtone and notification tone? Cant understand that..

Thats two big steps in the wrong direction in my opinion.

I also miss the toggles in the pulldown notification menu (if it ever has been there? Im coming from S2 and S3 phones) The ones

But otherwise i LOVE the design, the feel the clean android.. Hope google can fixe the small issues :)

I had the same Bluetooth issue then I updated to 4.2.1 it was fixed make sure u are up to date

sent from nexus 4 or 7

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I got an update right after i turned on the phone first time.
I also did a factory reset after the update.
I now have the 4.2.1 verson. :(

Oh yes, in the battery status, the phone is just active a few times and not as long as the screen is on.. Would expect it to be active when screen is on?

y8a9upeg.jpg

On my s3 it was active alot more.. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

It's a known issue and one Google has actually acknowledged working to fix (this is rare for them)
The camera app is crap (except for photosphere) and the camera controls for all camera apps are lacking.

It has restarted 2 times
Mine has never restarted. Maybe you have an app installed that's causing this. You might have to do some long tests with disabling/uninstalling certain apps to see which causes the restarts.

Use this: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...velin.notificationToggle&hl=en&token=6Kooz35H

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site

The color changing in the stock photo app is not a bug, that's the auto white balance trying to find the optimal setting. Try setting it yourself and the color shifting will disappear (just remember to set it back to auto or readjust when your lighting changes, or your photo will look funky). You can also try using a photo edit app like Snapseed (free on the Play Store) to fix some color aberrations.

Alpejohn

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Got the toggles! :D

My auto brightness is also problematic, even in complete dark room, the brightness doesnt go to lowest.. I have to use manual to get it lower.

Also think the battery drains fast, i have now turned off google now as it doesnt help me much anyway. Saw in betterbatterystats that maps had alot of wakelocks with different names.. (Networklocator and signalcollector)

There are total of 12 partial wakelocks with google map icon.

Hope we get a big update with alot of fixes. :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance