1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 no connection

So I'm connected to wifi constantly and when I visit the play store and other web sites, sometimes it gives me the message "No connection - retry"
    Any reason for this? My wifi shouldn't be choppy and cancel connection

Default Re: Nexus 4 no connection

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    So I'm connected to wifi constantly and when I visit the play store and other web sites, sometimes it gives me the message "No connection - retry"
    Any reason for this? My wifi shouldn't be choppy and cancel connection
    That message just means the device couldn't connect to the play store but the problem could lay from your Wifi connection all the way up the stream to Google.

Do you ever see your Wifi icon turn from blue to grey around the time that problem happens? If you do that is indicating that while you are connected to Wifi, it's not making it through to the Internet. It's normal to see it grey when you intially connect but it should stay blue.

As to why that's happening, no idea without knowing more about how your network and ISP are setup.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Nexus 4 / Nexus 7 / Transformer Prime
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by digitalslacker View Post
    That message just means the device couldn't connect to the play store but the problem could lay from your Wifi connection all the way up the stream to Google.

Do you ever see your Wifi icon turn from blue to grey around the time that problem happens? If you do that is indicating that while you are connected to Wifi, it's not making it through to the Internet. It's normal to see it grey when you intially connect but it should stay blue.

As to why that's happening, no idea without knowing more about how your network and ISP are setup.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using Tapatalk HD
    Didn't pay attention but at times there are these two arrows pointing down and up on the wifi bar on the top for some odd reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Didn't pay attention but at times there are these two arrows pointing down and up on the wifi bar on the top for some odd reason.
    The arrows indicate the direction of the data. Up means you are sending or uploading data. Down means you are receiving or downloading data. None means you aren't sending or receiving anything. Grey instead of blue means no throughput. Meaning its connected to the wifi hotspot but there isn't access to the Internet.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker

ROM
    Stock 4.2.1

Actually grey also means that you are not connected to Google Services, in the instances where you can still access the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Parth Ghetia View Post
    Actually grey means that you are not connected to Google Services.
    Cool, always wondered what they were connecting to to indicate that

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    @digitalslacker
    +digitalslacker