Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree16Likes

Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

Seems like I average around 2 hrs of screen time per day. For my usage the battery life is just fine. At the end of each day I have between 40-60% of the battery remaining.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

If only it was always like this...

Turned off automatically before I could get 6 hours out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by RVarachia View Post
    On my last charge I managed to get 6 hours screen time.. So nothing to complain about from me
    Pics or it didn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDroid View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen
    Do mine count? lol

Though I average around 3-4 with web browsing.

Global Posts
    1,438 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Dig this wonderful performance from tonight.

I'm beginning to wonder if the people claiming 4+ hours of screen time aren't messing with us?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357457964169.jpg   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357457975678.jpg   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357457987862.jpg  
    "The OnePlus One is such a big black slab of power that if you dropped it down in the middle of a pack of monkeys, they'd start using weapons." - Dirk Belligerent.
    Devices: 64GB OnePlus One, 32GB Nexus 5, 16GB Nexus 7 (2013), 16GB Nexus 4, ASUS Transformer TF101, Kindle Fire, HP TouchPad (CM7)

I put the smart tools widget thing on my homescreen and i turn off wifi and gps and bluetooth and everything else when not needed. There is also an option to turn off wifi and maybe data when asleep which is a battery saver.
    Syncing probably takes a lot of battery too so thats another thing

Sent from my Nexus 4

Global Posts
    3,266 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    Dig this wonderful performance from tonight.

I'm beginning to wonder if the people claiming 4+ hours of screen time aren't messing with us?
    How come your launcher is using so much?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

This is my recent updates on battery, all on wifi

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    LiquidSmooth

Quote Originally Posted by GopherDroid View Post
    Pics or it didn't happen

Still got a good 20% of battery life left.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357525998808.jpg   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357526008280.jpg  

Well on my way to 5 hours screen on. Been browsing heavily the entire time. My previous Nexus 4 never saw over 4 hours, more like 3 1/2. This one arrived a week ago and is a much better phone in more ways than one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357531478833.jpg   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357531496403.jpg  
    badbrad17 likes this.

Default Re: Android os?

I'm at 40% battery on under 3 hours of battery, 2 hours of screen time. But I've been playing games non stop. About to charge it for the 4th time in 2 days of having the phone. I know gaming kills the battery. So I imagine my results are usual.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by DirkBelig View Post
    You're getting 28 hours to my 13-1/2 hours; 2:45 of screen time to my ~1:45; 1H 45M of talk to my 20 minutes. Now I know battery life is wildly variable for these. This is lame. Crap.
    Keep in mind though that I switch off things I dont use regularly.

So other than wifi which is on all day unless I am at work, I keep mobile data off till I get to work..so basically my internet fluctuates between the two. I also use 2G signal which can really help increase battery life unless I want to surf the web on my mobile where I flick it to 3G. My GPS is kept off 95% of the time. I also keep every Sync option to OFF untill I want to check my mails, twitter and facebook. Then I just sync everything. Everything adds up to longer battery life.

thats the iphone and all i know,but 8hrs8mins with 2 hours of bluetooth and continuous wifi streaming..No location services are on and i was using the Home wifi.Also it charges from 0 to 100% in 125 mins and 10% worth battery gives about 60mins on screen on time like when browsing twitter That is awesome
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 battery: one month in-download.png  

how long did getting the replacement take?
    was it hmm..convenient enough?

I consistently get 5-6 hours onscreen time with Rasbeanjelly rom and trinity kernel. With the stock rom and kernel the most i ever got was 3.5 hours onscreen time.

Opinions? I used my phone very lightly today only some Whatsapp and some Instagram. I think my on screen time should be longer and also why does launcher have such a high percentage? Is this normal?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1365115856165.jpg   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1365115867336.jpg   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1365115895055.jpg  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123