Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 68
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    I've had my nexus 4 for about a month and the battery seems to have settled in. I'm more then happy with the life I'm getting on it!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357156184816.jpg   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-uploadfromtaptalk1357156197480.jpg  
    Thanked by:
    andr0idralphie likes this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    I charged mine yesterday and disconnected it before bed. I'm running it today to see what I get. So far I'm happy but I haven't used it much today.



    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    promanex likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by sduda210 View Post
    I charged mine yesterday and disconnected it before bed. I'm running it today to see what I get. So far I'm happy but I haven't used it much today.

    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/03/e6y9eda5.jpg
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/01/03/a9y2ahu3.jpg
    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Damn that is impressive! I love this phone so much its just so epic!
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    I'm really confused, how is that good battery life? You're on wifi, the phone has been on for only about 6 hours, and you've only used the screen for 40 something minutes, and the battery is at half....or am I misreading something?
    Thanked by 2:
  5. #5  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ksc6000#AC View Post
    I'm really confused, how is that good battery life? You're on wifi, the phone has been on for only about 6 hours, and you've only used the screen for 40 something minutes, and the battery is at half....or am I misreading something?
    I thought I was the only one confused
    Thanked by:
    Chetan Takyar likes this.
  6. #6  
    m3lover1's Avatar

    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by Doooshty View Post
    I thought I was the only one confused
    Haha same here. I have 2.5 hrs of screen time and have spotify streaming for a while and I'm at 53% now. I regularly hit about 4.5 to 5 hrs of screen time and still have about 10% left.
    Sony Ericsson K790a | Palm Treo 650 | Apple iPhone | Apple iPhone 3G | Apple iPhone 3GS | HTC EVO 4G | Samsung Epic 4G | HTC EVO 3D | HTC EVO 4G LTE | Apple iPhone 5 | LG Nexus 4 | Sony Xperia Z | HTC One | LG G2 | Sony Xperia Z1 | LG Nexus 5
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    It's a vast improvement for me coming from a galaxy ace, I didn't realize that people expected more battery life from a phone with a quad core cpu hiding inside it?

    EDIT: I was actually streaming spotify over hspa+ for around 20 mins too while I was in the car
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by promanex View Post
    It's a vast improvement for me coming from a galaxy ace, I didn't realize that people expected more battery life from a phone with a quad core cpu hiding inside it?

    EDIT: I was actually streaming spotify over hspa+ for around 20 mins too while I was in the car
    Good battery life in this day and age is:
    5 hours of screen on time on mobile data
    and 6 or more on WIFI.

    At best it seems the nexus can yield 3 1/2 to 4 hours of screen on time on mobile data, and about 5 on wifi. Some people get more, some people get less, but that's about the average I'd say. And that's just okay battery life in 2013. We really should be getting more.
    Thanked by:
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by ksc6000#AC View Post
    Good battery life in this day and age is:
    5 hours of screen on time on mobile data
    and 6 or more on WIFI.

    At best it seems the nexus can yield 3 1/2 to 4 hours of screen on time on mobile data, and about 5 on wifi. Some people get more, some people get less, but that's about the average I'd say. And that's just okay battery life in 2013. We really should be getting more.
    What phones do you know that get that kind of battery life consistently? Sure, a phablet like the Note II. Other than that? Maybe 2 phones. And you say in this day and age, what recent phone gets that without some sort of modification or luck? Possibly the GS3, but I dont think that battery life you posted is a standard yet. I get around the same battery life as the OP. I have no clue how you guys can pull off more than 3hrs screen on time consistently. I believe the avg screen on time a phone has these days is in the 2.5 area. Anything more than 3.5, or 4 without any modifications to the OS (like rooting and flashing ROMs/Kernels) would be a miracle.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Yeah about half the battery gone and 43 mins of screen time isn't the best for the device. At 50% I am at about 2 hrs of screen time.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by DeadpoolJunior View Post
    What phones do you know that get that kind of battery life consistently? Sure, a phablet like the Note II. Other than that? Maybe 2 phones. And you say in this day and age, what recent phone gets that without some sort of modification or luck? Possibly the GS3, but I dont think that battery life you posted is a standard yet. I get around the same battery life as the OP. I have no clue how you guys can pull off more than 3hrs screen on time consistently. I believe the avg screen on time a phone has these days is in the 2.5 area. Anything more than 3.5, or 4 without any modifications to the OS (like rooting and flashing ROMs/Kernels) would be a miracle.
    I had the same issue too before. Used to get about 2.5 hrs of screen time but that could have been because I would mostly stay on HSPA. Now I use wifi for heavy data streaming(like youtube, pandora, flipboard) and I have gotten better. Also I ran a battery test from GL benchmark 2.5 and since then the battery has drastically improved. After the test and using wifi, now I get 4+ hours of screen time. Don't know if the battery test actually helped or is a coincidence but I am happy to see my battery life improve. Hope yours get better too soon.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by 17veen View Post
    I had the same issue too before. Used to get about 2.5 hrs of screen time but that could have been because I would mostly stay on HSPA. Now I use wifi for heavy data streaming(like youtube, pandora, flipboard) and I have gotten better. Also I ran a battery test from GL benchmark 2.5 and since then the battery has drastically improved. After the test and using wifi, now I get 4+ hours of screen time. Don't know if the battery test actually helped or is a coincidence but I am happy to see my battery life improve. Hope yours get better too soon.
    I'll give the benchmark test a shot and report back. Wifi is what i'm on almost 24/7 as well. Between home and work and school when its in session, i'm on wifi maybe 85%-90% of the time. Still, 2.5-3hrs screen on time is what I peak at on good days. And thats with moderate usage I guess, just a lot of Twitter and Messaging, Instagram, Light browsing. Blah blah. I rarely stream, maybe the occasional Netflix or Youtube. But very rare. I'll do the benchmark test though.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Here are some updated screenshots of my battery usage. I still maintain the battery life is good on this phone!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Nexus 4 battery: one month in-2013-01-03-02.08.12.png   Nexus 4 battery: one month in-2013-01-03-02.08.22.png  
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    I'm now at 26 hrs since I've charged. 58 min on the phone with 1hr 40min screen time and still have 41% battery. For my usage this phone has plenty of battery life. We'll see how it does tomorrow with my first day back in the new year.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  15. #15  
    PWC Realtor's Avatar

    Posts
    486 Posts
    Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Also forcing the phone onto 2g when using Wifi helps with battery life especially if you get low 3g signal.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    DogPsyche likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    How do u takr ss? Power and volune down? Not working for me.
    Well i have screen 27% with 4 16 hours screen time. Keep in mind ive had wifi on the entire time and i dont have a cell service which is a big reason less battery will be drained. 7% battery atm.
    Sent from my Nexus 4
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    How about some tips on saving battery?

    Nexus 4 doesn't have great battery, one of the few downsides to this phone. How can we make it better? I tried doing a battery calibration, I have location settings and stuff turned off, anything else we can do to improve the battery life?
  18. #18  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by ksc6000#AC View Post
    Good battery life in this day and age is:
    5 hours of screen on time on mobile data
    and 6 or more on WIFI.

    At best it seems the nexus can yield 3 1/2 to 4 hours of screen on time on mobile data, and about 5 on wifi. Some people get more, some people get less, but that's about the average I'd say. And that's just okay battery life in 2013. We really should be getting more.
    I am getting exactly this. I think that when we get the next update battery will improve again.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  19. #19  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    I do find that Google Now and GPS are the big killers. But the phone takes almost no power when you turn the screen off and it is idle.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  20. #20  

    Default Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by promanex View Post
    Here are some updated screenshots of my battery usage. I still maintain the battery life is good on this phone!
    That's ok but compared to other users screenshots I've seen on this forum that batt life is abysmal. You might have a defective unit.

    What services are you running? Seems like you should be able to get much better.


    Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Here's what I posted in another thread on this forum.


    TheLibertarian likes this.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by swarlos View Post
    That's ok but compared to other users screenshots I've seen on this forum that batt life is abysmal. You might have a defective unit.

    What services are you running? Seems like you should be able to get much better.


    Beamed from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugz6002 View Post
    Hmm yeah I think looking at that I am getting short changed... I am running CM10 nightlies, would that reduce my battery life by a great deal? I might return to stock and see how it does and take it back if it's still bad. Only problem is I don't want one of those non-shiny ones
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Quote Originally Posted by promanex View Post
    Hmm yeah I think looking at that I am getting short changed... I am running CM10 nightlies, would that reduce my battery life by a great deal? I might return to stock and see how it does and take it back if it's still bad. Only problem is I don't want one of those non-shiny ones
    Have you tried tweaking with the settings of the phone? I'm running on stock, but have made the following tweaks to increase the battery life:

    Disable location reporting
    Disables unused apps (ie Google+)
    Disabled cell broadcasting
    Disabled auto-brightness and lowered screen brightness to around 20%
    Disable Wi-Fi when I'm not using it
    Disabled NFC
    Bluetooth off (I never use it)

    Give those a try and see how you get on.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    Personally, i'm tired of people worrying so much about their battery life and screen on time vs. this or that...

    Just use the damn thing and enjoy! I'm on my 4th android phone now and its the same thing each and every time! lol. Always people who find "fault" with the new phone and are never happy.

    Fact:
    There are phones out there with much better battery life and specs. Instead of making new threads everyday about how much this phone sucks, sell it and buy the one with what you really want. You won't do it because you will find faults with that phone as well! Surprise! Ugh...

    This is not for OP. this is for the few who just complain to complain....

    end rant.
    Thanked by 3:
    swarlos, howarmat, revtech and 1 others like this.
  25. #25  
    bubbly1724's Avatar

    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: Nexus 4 battery: one month in

    The battery is obviously not as good if you modded the out of your previous device and/or bought extended batteries for it. Coming from an HTC G2 currently on 4.2 and with a 3500mah battery, the Nexus 4 battery is horrible. The max battery out of the G2 was 10-11 hours of youtube streaming with screen on, and considering my Nexus 4 doesn't even get half of that, it is a bit disappointing. Of course the Nexus 4 is a great and fast device, but it still leaves a bit to be desired.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Got 2 Nexus' one made in CHINA, the other in KOREA
    By LionKing30 in forum Sprint Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-27-2012, 09:02 PM
  2. Got 2 Nexus' one made in CHINA, the other from KOREA...
    By LionKing30 in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2012, 09:47 PM
  3. Battery case combo in one.
    By sfbates in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus Accessories
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 12:01 PM
  4. HTC addresses battery life on the One X in its blog
    By saintforlife in forum HTC One X
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 10:14 PM
  5. One month in and happy but some questions.....
    By Navrig in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-26-2009, 02:43 AM

Posting Permissions

B