Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By greydarrah
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery issues

I've used my Nexus 4 for about 1 1/2 weeks now and my charger always makes this weird noise ''tzz tzz tzz'' The battery life is pretty awful, does it get better after time? After a night of sleep about 30-40% might be gone. And when it's fully charged it only says ''Charged'' unlike my old Optimus 2X which said that I should plug out the charger does that mean that when it's fully charged it doesn't overcharge even when it's still plugged in?

Using the charger i got with the phone (Swedish Edition)

Default Re: Battery issues

Charged means that it's at like 99% and won't charge to prevent overcharging. 30-40% might be a bit high, seeing that it is on standby but you didn't use it for a good 8 hours or so. Maybe the fact that your charger is swedish might have a problem compared to other countries chargers? DUnno

Sounds like something is wrong. If it were my phone, first, I'd try a different charger...most any other micro usb charger will work. If it still made the buzzing noise, I'd do a factory reset on the phone. If it still made the buzzing noise, I'd call Google and have it exchanged for a new device.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    badbrad17 likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks. I'll wait a bit and see if the battery's the same. Btw when i shake the phone i hear something like clinging inside as if it's loose, is that normal?

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Mason Sodki View Post
    Thanks. I'll wait a bit and see if the battery's the same. Btw when i shake the phone i hear something like clinging inside as if it's loose, is that normal?
    that noise is normal. It's the auto focus in the camera. Not to worry. The battery drain is odd though. Make sure you don't have things syncing like mad and also try turning off data and wifi at night.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4