screen acting weird when charging

xcla1p

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, (I hope this is the right section/first thread)

Recently I realize that when I'm charging my phone (Nexus 4 via usb with my laptop in this case), my screen will act weird and the swipping on the screen is not smooth and its very hard to type on the screen. My friend has the same problem too.

Anyone else having the same problem?

ccgabe

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Occasionally I have noticed a slight flicker of the screen when I scroll with it on the charger. Doesn't do it all the time though.

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys, (I hope this is the right section/first thread)

Recently I realize that when I'm charging my phone (Nexus 4 via usb with my laptop in this case), my screen will act weird and the swipping on the screen is not smooth and its very hard to type on the screen. My friend has the same problem too.

Anyone else having the same problem?

That happened to me once, but simply switching the phone off and on again fixed it. Hasnt happened again since.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Are you using a third-party launcher (Nova, for example)?

As for charging via USB with your laptop, please note that this is only just barely acceptable. Your laptop/PC's USB ports put out only 500mA, just 41% as much current as the stock charger. It is barely enough power to --slowly-- charge your phone while it is powered off and, as has been reported here before, not enough power to keep the phone from losing charge if it is actually in use while connected.

promanex

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Low quality or faulty chargers can mess with the digitiser and cause it to behave unpredictably - try using the mains one you got with it instead

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie