Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 25 of 25
Like Tree7Likes
  • 2 Post By mawil1013
  • 1 Post By Basscase
  • 1 Post By Hubertsng
  • 1 Post By Tidey_
  • 1 Post By Dr0me
  • 1 Post By rupam95
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default best darn phone ever

    Had my N4 a few days, damn it's an amazing phone! Keyboard swipe is perfect, auto found all my music uploaded to Google, fasttttttttt, butter says it all! Gonna get one for my wife next. Running HBO go, HBO my TV, picture is clear like after a rain. I have a set of headphones and sound is spectacular.
    The Practical BBQ'r !
    Thanked by:
    Dr0me and andr0idralphie like this.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by mawil1013 View Post
    Had my N4 a few days, damn it's an amazing phone! Keyboard swipe is perfect, auto found all my music uploaded to Google, fasttttttttt, butter says it all! Gonna get one for my wife next. Running HBO go, HBO my TV, picture is clear like after a rain. I have a set of headphones and sound is spectacular.
    I make a bit more nistakes typing here than my ipod, got to get used to the larger spcing i guess. As u see ive messed up quite a bit already, no auto correct.
    Ive seen one problem though, its really slow when u are opening a google powerpoint thing. Its soooo slow when i was reading a powerpoibt from gmail

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  3. #3  
    Tabs85's Avatar

    Posts
    113 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    I make a bit more nistakes typing here than my ipod, got to get used to the larger spcing i guess. As u see ive messed up quite a bit already, no auto correct.
    Ive seen one problem though, its really slow when u are opening a google powerpoint thing. Its soooo slow when i was reading a powerpoibt from gmail

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    How is yours not autocorrecting? Have you switched it off somehow? Mine always auto corrects...and I like it that way! Check your language and input settings.

    Also, remove your spelling errors from the dictionary in case it saved it
  4. #4  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    I make a bit more nistakes typing here than my ipod, got to get used to the larger spcing i guess. As u see ive messed up quite a bit already, no auto correct.
    Ive seen one problem though, its really slow when u are opening a google powerpoint thing. Its soooo slow when i was reading a powerpoibt from gmail

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    It will take some time, but you will get used to it. I went from the iPhone to the GS3 back in June, and I made nothing but mistakes when typing. Even with the N4 I make some but not nearly as many. Text prediction on the N4 is nothing short of incredible. It's almost erie how good it is.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  5. #5  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    It will take some time, but you will get used to it. I went from the iPhone to the GS3 back in June, and I made nothing but mistakes when typing. Even with the N4 I make some but not nearly as many. Text prediction on the N4 is nothing short of incredible. It's almost erie how good it is.
    I tried the keyboard on the nexus and I didn't notice a difference. If course I use Swype so that's probably why. I love Swype. I rarely use regular keyboard.

    Sent from the Beast that is Galaxy Note 2
  6. #6  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    I wasn't impressed with the stock swiping keyboard. On my old phone I went back and forth between swype and swift key (primarily). I'm now using the swift key flow beta. And it's pretty awesome. Still has some bugs (it is a brand new beta after all)....but it's pretty much a perfect mix of swype and swift key like I was hoping for for so long.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    badbrad17 likes this.
  7. #7  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Tabs85 View Post
    How is yours not autocorrecting? Have you switched it off somehow? Mine always auto corrects...and I like it that way! Check your language and input settings.

    Also, remove your spelling errors from the dictionary in case it saved it
    I switched it off because it gets annoying at times and in a few days ill be typing oerfectly because ill be used to the phpne.
    And i never clicked to add it lol.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  8. #8  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Once you get used to the larger keyboard you will have the exact same problem when trying to type on an iPhone! lol
  9. #9  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Champion1229 View Post
    Once you get used to the larger keyboard you will have the exact same problem when trying to type on an iPhone! lol
    that's something i hope never to do again ^ ^.
    Champion1229 likes this.
  10. #10  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    that's something i hope never to do again ^ ^.
    Have you tried SwiftKey? It is far superior to any other keyboard for predicting words. More than simple auto correct.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  11. #11  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    I agree, SwiftKey is the only way to "type" for me.

    Sent from a rather marvellous Nexus 4.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    The Nexus's swipe keyboard is as good or better than any or all the others. Predictive text is dead on. The whole thing with all swipes is to teach yourself how to do it. Plus is free.
    The Practical BBQ'r !
  13. #13  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    swiftkey? Is that the built in swype or another application. Well anyways I more of a press to type rather than a swipe to type guy, I've used the swipe thing built in but i don't like it that much.
  14. #14  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    swiftkey? Is that the built in swype or another application. Well anyways I more of a press to type rather than a swipe to type guy, I've used the swipe thing built in but i don't like it that much.
    It became famous with just typing but has recently added in a swype style feature. But its optional. The main thing it does is adds 3 predictions for the next words you may type. It is quite amazing how fast it learns your typing habits and starts to predict what you will type next. It helps with type o's and spelling plus saves lots of typing. There is a free trial as well as a beta2 release of the new SwiftKey Flow. Google it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  15. #15  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    SwiftKey ftw, whenever I go back to a normal keyboard I get screwed over because nothing is in the same place!

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    badbrad17 likes this.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    It became famous with just typing but has recently added in a swype style feature. But its optional. The main thing it does is adds 3 predictions for the next words you may type. It is quite amazing how fast it learns your typing habits and starts to predict what you will type next. It helps with type o's and spelling plus saves lots of typing. There is a free trial as well as a beta2 release of the new SwiftKey Flow. Google it.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Well the built in nexus does that for swiping and for the swiping feature. Well im fine with the stock abdroid but if i ever have a problem, i know wgat to get now

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  17. #17  
    Dr0me's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    swiftkey may have good predictive text but it looks like you bought your phone's keyboard aftermarket at kragen auto parts. I do not like any of the themes or keyboard layouts it comes with. It may have been the best at one time but swype and the stock keyboard have caught up with it in terms of word prediction rendering it useless. The stock keyboard takes the great tap typing and predictive test of swift key and mixes it with the gesture typing of swype plus the stock feeling and keyboard layout. If the stock keyboard learned from gmail and facebook it would be perfect imo.

    P.S. you can also add a multi language button on the stock keyboard and use that to toggle to emoji. Something none of the other keyboards offer.
    Google Android Affectionado
    promanex likes this.
  18. #18  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0me View Post
    swiftkey may have good predictive text but it looks like you bought your phone's keyboard aftermarket at kragen auto parts. I do not like any of the themes or keyboard layouts it comes with. It may have been the best at one time but swype and the stock keyboard have caught up with it in terms of word prediction rendering it useless. The stock keyboard takes the great tap typing and predictive test of swift key and mixes it with the gesture typing of swype plus the stock feeling and keyboard layout. If the stock keyboard learned from gmail and facebook it would be perfect imo.

    P.S. you can also add a multi language button on the stock keyboard and use that to toggle to emoji. Something none of the other keyboards offer.
    I'm not sure if you've tried the new Swiftkey Flow. It does swyping now too. The "light theme" is the best looking design on any keyboard I've tried. I dislike the dark ones. Plus there are some other new ones.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  19. #19  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Well the built in nexus does that for swiping and for the swiping feature. Well im fine with the stock abdroid but if i ever have a problem, i know wgat to get now

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    but your typing and spelling is so brutal. It's not working. Please for the sake of the rest of us, try SwiftKey. It's free to try. Lol :banghead:

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  20. #20  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    but your typing and spelling is so brutal. It's not working. Please for the sake of the rest of us, try SwiftKey. It's free to try. Lol :banghead:

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Lol chill im just geyying used to the larger screen. And yes, im geyying. Totally meant to type that :P. Im so used to where the ipod keys are placed and everything.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Thanked by:
  21. #21  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Lol chill im just geyying used to the larger screen. And yes, im geyying. Totally meant to type that :P. Im so used to where the ipod keys are placed and everything.

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    Lol. Love it. :thumbup:

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  22. #22  

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Lol. Love it. :thumbup:

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    but you didn't thumbs up my post lol.
    I hope never to go back to iOS or any apple device any time soon. or let's say ever. Loving android and I doubt that are going to fall out with the advancements and how much better it is than iOS.
  23. #23  
    Dr0me's Avatar

    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP PUB / Franco Kernel

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    I'm not sure if you've tried the new Swiftkey Flow. It does swyping now too. The "light theme" is the best looking design on any keyboard I've tried. I dislike the dark ones. Plus there are some other new ones.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    yea I tried it and immediately uninstalled it. I think it pales in comparison the stock and swype for gesture. It is good for peck typing but I gesture 95% of the time and only peck type when it is a strange word or to make edits.
    Google Android Affectionado
  24. #24  
    rupam95's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    If only i could buy one! OMG, this is my first time i can't buy a phone online that was released 1-2 months ago.
    badbrad17 likes this.
  25. #25  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,266 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: best darn phone ever

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr0me View Post
    yea I tried it and immediately uninstalled it. I think it pales in comparison the stock and swype for gesture. It is good for peck typing but I gesture 95% of the time and only peck type when it is a strange word or to make edits.
    Gotcha. Makes sense. I used swype for a while but found I just made too many spelling mistakes so I don't swype much. Even with SwiftKey Flow I still just peck n type.

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Similar Threads

  1. Best phone EVER
    By BLOND37 in forum Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-15-2011, 04:14 PM
  2. Best phone ever?
    By Smokexz in forum Samsung Galaxy S II
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 07-02-2011, 06:48 PM
  3. Vibrant (aka my best and worst phone ever)
    By Hidefcow in forum T-Mobile Vibrant
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-19-2011, 04:39 PM
  4. Best option I ever selected on my Android phone
    By mistyinca in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-08-2010, 12:01 PM

Posting Permissions