Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree21Likes

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Default Re: LG Complaints

Quote Originally Posted by clayjohn View Post
    Um, that's my point. No one is whining. I simply stated Google and LG made a mistake and are losing money because of it. The other member seems to think that this was launch was intentional.

You further enhanced my point when you said "go buy something else."

Mine is ordered, I'm patiently waiting for it to ship, so again, I don't know where you saw whining. I only argued this launch was a mistake and not some brilliantly planned marketing scheme, and that because of said mistake, these two companies are losing money.
    I wasn't necessary referring to you about the whining. Sorry if I came across that way. But there certainly has been lots of whining. Just go spend some time reading in the N4 shipping notice threads. It's one long whine fest. Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by briankariu View Post
    You sir...I tip my hat off to you
    And with CES coming up, where smartphones are lined up like ducks in a row, LG and Google are looking at a window that is closing up fast.
    The Sony Yuga (I think) is a very serious contender to the throne.
    And with 1080p screens around the corner, people will have a hard time justifying a nexus 4, especially if you can get the Sony Yuga for $200 or less on contract
    I really don't think it matters if people go to buy another device right now. There is only one Nexus 4 with the Pure Google experience, so when the phone is available people will buy it. Anyone not willing to wait doesn't care enough about that experience. The specs are high enough on the N4 that it can stay near the top for much longer than the Galaxy Nexus. So when it's available and people who need phones have to make a choice, I think the nexus 4 will still be on the short list.

I think this scenario would be completely different had it been a shortage on an non Nexus HTC phone or Samsung device. Their advertising and delivery is much different than the unadvertised niche market the Nexus 4 fills.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    4,243 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock (4.3)

Quote Originally Posted by slinkies View Post
    Why would you ever want Motorola to make a Nexus device every Motorola phone I've ever had was a piece of s*** Motorola makes junk they shouldve left the Nexus up to Samsung they did an awesome job with the galaxy Nexus trust me I own one :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Motorola's devices of late have been good. Only issues have been those SAMOLED Pentile qHD screens then tended to use were really pixelated and they didn't have the best camera software in their phones.

But that can be fixed. Other than that, I don't see the issue unless of course you don't like their design language, which is totally subjective.

This had gone into quite a huge debate. I'm now too lazy to read it all

Sent from my Nexus 4

my lg android has locked of which i don`t know the google account

Where is the evidence that LG is limiting supply because they are upset about pricing? Many signs point to Google underestimating the demand. Even the Play Store wasn't prepared for the demand... and that is definitely not LG's fault. Hopefully, they are working with LG to increase production capacity, but these things don't happen overnight. Coordination is required between the manufacturing facilities and suppliers to make sure there are enough parts and manufacturing capacity to increase production.

Large companies like LG don't cut off supplies because they are upset about something. Look at Samsung... they have continued to supply parts to Apple despite all of the ridiculous patent lawsuits from Apple. While it does look as if they might finally be moving in different directions, but they have fulfilled all of their existing contracts. Large companies operate with legally binding contracts, and if they don't adhere to them, lawyers get involved.

For everyone who dislikes LG based on problems with previous phones: Remember, people used to hate Samsung as well, often for similar reasons. Samsung released two Nexus devices and and improved their own products, and now they are very well respected.

Let's assume 375,000 units sold is a correct number. Samsung made 500,000 Gnex's over the entire lifespan of that model, how was Google to know demand for the N4 was going to exceed that the very first day?

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    Samsung made 500,000 Gnex's over the entire lifespan of that model,
    source?
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

how was Google to know demand for the N4 was going to exceed that the very first day?
    easy. its called a pre-order. they should've started it the day after having a real press event for it (not releasing a picture and a statement, i mean a real event, which should have been done in CA). it would at least give a general picture of demand.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Hi I need help. I am coming to you because u seem to be the most stable minded on here within the ten min or so I have been reading; I am new to this site and need to know how to post a forum re my lg android that i love however its getting some quirks that is becoming difficult to overlook. I guess my question is do I need to find a forum that is already started and ask via the thread or start my own forum because i cannot figure out to start my forum. I need advice from different people because it is several issues not just one that I need advice so was hoping to kill several birds w/ one stone...so to speak...ty if u have time to take out to write and help me....

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    source?
    The Apple/Samsung lawsuit in San Jose last year. Samsung had to disclose how many units of all their different models had been sold.

Thanked by:

easy. its called a pre-order. they should've started it the day after having a real press event for it (not releasing a picture and a statement, i mean a real event, which should have been done in CA). it would at least give a general picture of demand.
    They had a full press conference scheduled. You can't fault them for canceling under the circumstances, can you?

Even if they did prep orders the next day, that would still have only given them three or do weeks lead time. At that point, the orders were already placed and production scheduled well into the future.

I agree that they had a fault in the beginning but even though google kept saying PUSH THE AMOUNT TO BUILD, they still only created 400,000. iPhone 5 produced 5 million in just the first week and google can't even get half a million in a month and a half? That's ridiculous.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    I agree that they had a fault in the beginning but even though google kept saying PUSH THE AMOUNT TO BUILD, they still only created 400,000. iPhone 5 produced 5 million in just the first week and google can't even get half a million in a month and a half? That's ridiculous.
    you can't compare the two. iPhone sales are in a much different league. Nexus isn't even advertised. So it's a different game right from the beginning. If this was the Samsung GS4 I would agree with everyone but not for this phone.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

They had a full press conference scheduled. You can't fault them for canceling under the circumstances, can you?

Even if they did prep orders the next day, that would still have only given them three or do weeks lead time. At that point, the orders were already placed and production scheduled well into the future.

they shouldn't have done in NYC in the first place. Hurricanes have warnings in advance... and what they could have done is reschedule it to a different location (CA) after they canceled it. If they took pre orders immediately after announcing it, most of them would be in the first (and/or 2nd) week I would presume. this would give a general picture of demand. they could even schedule the actual launch a little later, just so they could have ample time to place the right amount of orders and get a device out to everyone that wants it. Im willing to bet that they could have sold many more, IF they had more available. People are impatient, and with so many good alternatives (and good deals) they will just spring for something else.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    Nexus isn't even advertised
    i see nexus ads on TV and youtube all the time... its kind of funny because I imagine someone who sees the ad and goes "Cool!, I want one!", then they go online see its sold out and are left thinking "Wtf?" lol

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

i see nexus ads on TV and youtube all the time... its kind of funny because I imagine someone who sees the ad and goes "Cool!, I want one!", then they go online see its sold out and are left thinking "Wtf?" lol
    Well considering Google owns YouTube that is a given. The TV ads have been minor compared to other companies like Samsung. And a lot of that has also be focused on the N7.

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

The TV ads have been minor compared to other companies like Samsung.
    agreed. samsung is insanely aggressive.

you can't compare the two. iPhone sales are in a much different league. Nexus isn't even advertised. So it's a different game right from the beginning. If this was the Samsung GS4 I would agree with everyone but not for this phone.

I know but the production is still really small. Were talking about google here dude.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

I know but the production is still really small. Were talking about google here dude.

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I wish I could see the future too.

Android Evangelist

Sent from my Nexus 4
    You're correct, we are talking about Google, a company that 1) does not produce its own hardware (i.e. Samsung, Apple), and 2) is not in the business of creating mobile phones.

Comparably to the rest of Google's profits, the Nexus line is next to irrelevant from a financial standpoint. The Nexus devices are in no way created to be top sellers.

You're correct, we are talking about Google, a company that 1) does not produce its own hardware (i.e. Samsung, Apple), and 2) is not in the business of creating mobile phones.

Comparably to the rest of Google's profits, the Nexus line is next to irrelevant from a financial standpoint. The Nexus devices are in no way created to be top sellers.
    A search engine that has created a car that drives itself and a life augmented glasses.
    And hey, they can just google it.

Sent from my Nexus 4

And there's no shortage of speculation that Google isn't even making any real profit on them, just using them to get press for Android and attract users to their other services. Why would they be in a hurry to sell devices that aren't turning a profit? Waiting a month for a phone that was a pain to order sucks, but let's be realistic here--a comparable phone (e.g. an unlocked SGS3 or iPhone 5) through any other channel would've cost at least a couple hundred dollars more.

Plus, as others have pointed out, the GNex was a very poor seller, especially in its GSM form. I see GNex 'in the wild' often enough, but every one where I've seen the back or known the user has been the CDMA version, which was sold by the carriers, not Google. I probably see one GNex per 75-100 iPhones or SGS2/3. GSM GNex are so rare that Google would've had to be insane to think the N4 would be as hot an item as it is. The US is far and away the largest market, and Americans just don't buy cellphones (except low-end prepaid ones) outright. Well, except for N4s, I guess.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Maybe another LG device? I think it will be a TV.

Android Evangelist

I'm sorry, but although I don't like LG either, this is also Google's fault.

LG is nothing more than the manufacturer of the devices. Google, since being the sellers, dictated their play store price and how many devices LG should make for them.

Sure LG is in the fault of not supplying fast enough, but this same issue happened with the Nexus 7, and that really came down to Google not forecasting the play store demand well enough.

Google just seems to have a hard time understanding how to forecast demand for their products. It's like they're surprised that their low-cost and quality hardware is popular.
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by taj7575 View Post
    I'm sorry, but although I don't like LG either, this is also Google's fault.

LG is nothing more than the manufacturer of the devices. Google, since being the sellers, dictated their play store price and how many devices LG should make for them.

Sure LG is in the fault of not supplying fast enough, but this same issue happened with the Nexus 7, and that really came down to Google not forecasting the play store demand well enough.

Google just seems to have a hard time understanding how to forecast demand for their products. It's like they're surprised that their low-cost and quality hardware is popular.
    I would assume releasing products globally could be difficult as 250,000 one way or the other could be a significant error.

Android Evangelist
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123