Google Navigation talks over my podcast...

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
I was using Google Navigation and listening to a podcast with Google Play and whenever it was time for a turn, Navigation would just speak over my podcast, not pause it. With my previous phone and Telenav, the podcast would be paused and then restarted after the direction was given. I don't see any settings in either app to change to get this to work. Are there settings somewhere else?

serpico

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Even in iOS I don't recall audio pausing for navigation. It would only mute it a bit then regain volume.
How do you use Google Play for podcasts? Does it accept feeds? That would be awesome like Listen used to be.

kmcochran

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Even in iOS I don't recall audio pausing for navigation. It would only mute it a bit then regain volume.
How do you use Google Play for podcasts? Does it accept feeds? That would be awesome like Listen used to be.

No, I downloaded some podcasts to my phone from my computer. Sorry!

Edited to add that when I was on Sprint and using their TeleNav app, it would pause music or anything else in the background when a direction came up and then it would resume when the direction was finished.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
My first gen Droid way back when would pause media whenever a Google Maps voice alert came on. I kind of miss that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol