N4 camera - no self-timer?

skiptomylou

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Maybe I'd just gotten accustomed to some features of HTC SenseUI (MyTouch 4G), but I'm surprised that there's no self-timer on the N4's camera. Am I just missing it, or is there a good camera app that's close to the stock camera but with a delay timer added?

Thanks

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
There's a delayed timer for the front facing camera, but not for the rear one. I think there's a delay for recording as well.

EDIT: Scratch that. I think that may have just been for a custom ROM I ran on a previous phone. Did not realize it wasn't in stock, as I just checked now. Guess a third party app ?

Tabs85

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
lol, didnt even notice until now :-/

Oh well...I have zoom FX camera app which has customisable timer (along with lots of other nifty settings). Worth a look.

nibandroid

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes there is
After Jelly Bean 4.3 update i guess, i am seeing the self timer .
Go to the camera >Open the settings (the circle on lthe bottom right) > Within that open the settings icon > Within the settings icon there is a semi circle arc in there (the second icon from left) that's the one

Cheers
Nibandroid

gtt1

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
I see a couple of camera apps mentioned here. Picsart and Zoom Fx.

Any others that people use and like?

Especially would like to see apps that give you good control over exposure settings and timer shots. I would think having a say 3 second delay to allow you to steady the phone for the shot would improve many.

Can the shutter speed be set on the N4?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
Yes there is
After Jelly Bean 4.3 update i guess, i am seeing the self timer .
Go to the camera >Open the settings (the circle on lthe bottom right) > Within that open the settings icon > Within the settings icon there is a semi circle arc in there (the second icon from left) that's the one

Cheers
Nibandroid
good find.