1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reasonable battery time

Got a new N4...after 2 charges the best I've got is 1 hour 45 minutes of screen time. Defective?

Default Re: Reasonable battery time

Or you need to conserve more battery with settings, give screen shots too
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

What are some common settings to change?

What do people mean by "screen time?"

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums

Dave usual setting to mess with are making sure you have your wi-fi(off), bluetooth(off), gps(off), sync(prefered on but off when needed), and brightness to a minimal in order to save more battery..as well as some apps that may be in the background using resources such as a live wallpaper or facebook.etc.

karrot screen time is basically showing us the battery stats of your phone so we can decifer what exactly is draining your battery.

Quote Originally Posted by Karrott9 View Post
    What do people mean by "screen time?"

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Android Central Forums
    It means time with the scrern on.
    I just want an ss of ur battery report and click the battery to see the status of wifi network and other stuff

Sent from my Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by dave43 View Post
    Got a new N4...after 2 charges the best I've got is 1 hour 45 minutes of screen time. Defective?

Try turning NFC off and using wifi if possible since if you have a bad signal it kills the battery.

I think that's defective. Even with everything turned on with auto sync and no wifi/nfc I get at least 3.5 hours of screen on time. I get 4 if I'm lucky sometimes, but never gotten anything less than 3+ hours of screen on time. I also stream music through my whole work shift through google play and I listen to a lot of podcasts as well. I usually get 12-16 hours with 3.5 hours of screen on.

I keep my brightness around 10-15% and I use 2 widgets and a light background. Only have about 15 downloaded apps.

Quote Originally Posted by severinj View Post
    I think that's defective. Even with everything turned on with auto sync and no wifi/nfc I get at least 3.5 hours of screen on time. I get 4 if I'm lucky sometimes, but never gotten anything less than 3+ hours of screen on time. I also stream music through my whole work shift through google play and I listen to a lot of podcasts as well. I usually get 12-16 hours with 3.5 hours of screen on.

I keep my brightness around 10-15% and I use 2 widgets and a light background. Only have about 15 downloaded apps.
    If u have full brightness, the nexus fits really fast

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yeah I don't see why anyone would need full brightness unless you were purposely trying to make your phone die. Full brightness is barely brighter than 50%, and 15% brightness on the nexus 4 is about 70% on an iPhone 4s

Quote Originally Posted by severinj View Post
    Yeah I don't see why anyone would need full brightness unless you were purposely trying to make your phone die. Full brightness is barely brighter than 50%, and 15% brightness on the nexus 4 is about 70% on an iPhone 4s
    I love the brightness. I mean i put it on the minimum and it is still brighter than probably 25% of ipod.

One thing you should 100% try. Which h increased my battery life beyond belief ( I actually get more then 8 hours!

Is disabling Google Now... I hate that I did. But its a battery saver.... And I still can use it. I just don't have the cards auto update and stuff...

That way the phones not constantly trying to figure locations and grab driving times and weather and what not....

Helped out a lot...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    PAST PHONES: iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, Atrix 4G, HTC One X, Samsung S3, Nexus 4, Blackberry Z10, iPhone 5
    CURRENT PHONE: Motorola Moto X
    OTHER DEVICES: Nexus 7, MacBook Pro (2008), Asus Win8 Laptop, ASUS Iconia Tab, Microsoft Surface RT, Custom Desktop Win7

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by GamerRadar View Post
    One thing you should 100% try. Which h increased my battery life beyond belief ( I actually get more then 8 hours!

Is disabling Google Now... I hate that I did. But its a battery saver.... And I still can use it. I just don't have the cards auto update and stuff...

That way the phones not constantly trying to figure locations and grab driving times and weather and what not....

Helped out a lot...

I agree.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4