Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 6tr6tr
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Echo on GrooVe ip

I've been using GrooVe ip for about a week and people are telling me that I have a bad signal or they hear themselves echo. I've tried adjusting the echo trail and the microphone settings. Anyone else using groove IP that can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Last edited by chrispher86; 03-06-2013 at 01:31 PM.

Default Re: Echo on GrooVe ip

Quote Originally Posted by chrispher86 View Post
    I've been using GrooVe ip for about a week and people are telling me that I have a bad signal or they here themselves echo. I've tried adjusting the echo trail and the microphone settings. Anyone else using groove IP that can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    Have you also played with the microphone gain? There's a setting in there for microphone as well. You can play with it during a call.
    Thanked by:
    andr0idralphie likes this.

Have you played around with the Mic Gain settings and enabled Post Processing? I don't worry about CPU utilization warnings [in GrooVe IP] on the N4, it's one of the fastest phones on the market.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Yeah the mic gain is around -10. My wife says she can always hear herself when we talk. Others say that I'm breaking up.

Sent from my Nexus 4

That is why I switched to Talkatone but Talkatone has some problems sometimes. however I did a trial of their premium service it's free and saw a marked improvement. to try the trail just change the wifi compression setting in call settings/wifi call compression to high and it will tell you you need the premium service for that and offer you the 2 week trail.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

Yeah the mic gain is around -10. My wife says she can always hear herself when we talk. Others say that I'm breaking up. Sent from my Nexus 4
    Mine is set to -6, works fine. I only use it on WiFi though.
    WHITE 32GB NEXUS 5

Every once in a while, I get some crazy problems from GrooveIP, but for the most part, the calls are great. I even have good experience making calls over Tmobile's network. I notice that when someone calls me, you have to wait a second or two after you hit the answer button before you say hello. I guess there is a slight delay in getting your side of the call going. Here are most of my settings:

Adaptive echo canceller checked (under Echo cancellation)
    Post processing checked (under Echo cancellation)
    Speaker volume = 7
    Microphone gain = 3
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Never tried groove but I used Vonage and it works great , tho it doesn't have incoming call feature

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    Every once in a while, I get some crazy problems from GrooveIP, but for the most part, the calls are great. I even have good experience making calls over Tmobile's network. I notice that when someone calls me, you have to wait a second or two after you hit the answer button before you say hello. I guess there is a slight delay in getting your side of the call going. Here are most of my settings:

Adaptive echo canceller checked (under Echo cancellation)
    Post processing checked (under Echo cancellation)
    Speaker volume = 7
    Microphone gain = 3
    That delay can be there with Talkatone, Vonage and through the T-mobile carrier so I think it is either a hardware or an Android thing.
    Galaxy Note II 16GB white unlocked and Galaxy Note 10.1 grey version GT-N8013 not rooted
    Linux user #449322 running Linux Mint 13 KDE

I'm a real newbie and cannot figure out how to access mic settings. Please help.

ROM
    Super Beans n Kernels

Quote Originally Posted by beachcrest View Post
    I'm a real newbie and cannot figure out how to access mic settings. Please help.
    Open Groove IP...hit the menu <(three dots in upper right corner...the dots are always your menu in apps) <audio/echo settings

I've been using GrooVe ip for about a week and people are telling me that I have a bad signal or they here themselves echo. I've tried adjusting the echo trail and the microphone settings. Anyone else using groove IP that can tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Sent from my Nexus 4
    I was unable to resolve that same issue with groove IP. I switched to Skype and that fixed it for me.