Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus 4 Issues: Are they sorted out?

I just received a call from my uncle that my Nexus 4 has been delivered today. I live in India and will be getting the phone on the 25th of this month and getting a warranty service will be impossible once the phone comes down here!

I just wanted to confirm that the backlight bleeding, heating, call drop and the crackling issues have been sorted out in the latest revision?

All those users who have received the phone in the past week, could you guys confirm if the batch is good, or are the above issues still persistent in the latest batch?

If there are problems, could you please list them out, so that I can ask my uncle to check those issues carefully.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess and stupidity will get us out." ~ Homer Simpson

Default Re: Nexus 4 Issues: Are they sorted out?

I got mine a few weeks ago and have none of the issues you listed. I doubt that most people did, regardless of when they ordered. Forums tend to make a small number of problems appear to be widespread. It's because anyone that has an issue comes here to complain.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    TheLibertarian likes this.

Its an electronic device. Some people are going to have "faulty" units and some are not. Asking if specific issues have been sorted out isn't going to return a conclusive answer, because I'm sure some people have issues that others never did. For example, I've had mine since late November, and I know nothing of heating, backlight bleed, or call drops.

Well those are just faulty. The only thing they fixed I think is how easy the glass breaks as someone said before int he rev-11 issue?
    I'm still getting crackling in the earpiece as are a lot of people.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxcarJoe View Post
    I just received a call from my uncle that my Nexus 4 has been delivered today. I live in India and will be getting the phone on the 25th of this month and getting a warranty service will be impossible once the phone comes down here!

I just wanted to confirm that the backlight bleeding, heating, call drop and the crackling issues have been sorted out in the latest revision?

All those users who have received the phone in the past week, could you guys confirm if the batch is good, or are the above issues still persistent in the latest batch?

If there are problems, could you please list them out, so that I can ask my uncle to check those issues carefully.
    You could just have your uncle open the box and inspect it to make sure it's working. Just a thought.
    TheLibertarian likes this.

I've had none of those issues.

Ordered November 30th' received phone week ago, phone is perfect, no problems. If you don't want the phone then I'll buy it from you!!!
    The Practical BBQ'r !
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Well those are just faulty. The only thing they fixed I think is how easy the glass breaks as someone said before int he rev-11 issue?
    Not me, I have ear buds and audio technical studio head phones and sound is great!
    The Practical BBQ'r !

There will always be defects or issues, nothing is ever perfect. If there's a problem, request a replacement device.

Riveting.
    Thanked by:
    bobjohnson201 likes this.

I used navigation for 10 minutes and the phone got heated up to 111 F. Is that normal ?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Had mine for 2 weeks and it's been great. It does heat up a little bit, but not much more than my SGS2. The GPS and gaming is the usual culprit. The screen and glass is gorgeous.

Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4

Mine is from the first batch.

I haven't had backlight bleeding, the phone does heat up sometimes when doing certain things (Google Maps navigation for example), never had a call drop (pretty sure that'd be more related to your carrier and their reception) and never had crackling issues either.

The only real negative I'd say about the phone is that it has less than impressive battery life. Having owned it over a month now, the battery life kind of sucks and I don't know why.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by littleemp View Post
    You could just have your uncle open the box and inspect it to make sure it's working. Just a thought.
    Haha and I posted this just to have an idea for specific issues. He may not notice the backlight bleeding, but if it exists I'm gonna have a serious problem with that!

Yeah I have asked him to open it and use it for a week and look out for any issues.
    "Stupidity got us into this mess and stupidity will get us out." ~ Homer Simpson

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

Haha and I posted this just to have an idea for specific issues. He may not notice the backlight bleeding, but if it exists I'm gonna have a serious problem with that!

Yeah I have asked him to open it and use it for a week and look out for any issues.
    hopefully he doesn't drop it

Android Evangelist

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

there's no way of knowing if they have been sorted out. the chance for a defect is always there. for anything... those issues were rare to begin with, except the earpiece crackling. my original has it, and i later requested 2 replacements and they both had it as well... its really not that bad though, but it seems very common.
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by I Can Be Your Hero View Post
    Having owned it over a month now, the battery life kind of sucks and I don't know why.
    what are you getting? im getting ~3 hours of on screen time
    Kyocera Marbl >> Kyocera Slider Sonic >> Sony Ericsson W580i >> LG Envy Touch >> Samsung Epic 4G >> LG Nexus 4

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

yep same. did you try to get a different one or are just gonna stick with it? i went through 2 more replacements, and they both had it as well (in addition to a "yellower" screen)... ended up just sticking with the original.

ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

One thing I am disappointed with is the quality of the audio via the aux out and bluetooth connections. It's very low in volume and tinny sounding. Hope software will fix it.

Android Evangelist

Quote Originally Posted by bobjohnson201 View Post
    yep same. did you try to get a different one or are just gonna stick with it? i went through 2 more replacements, and they both had it as well (in addition to a "yellower" screen)... ended up just sticking with the original.
    lol. Well i sent a replacement for the unglittery back and the earpiece and the shaking in the phone (which is said to be the auto focus) but if I get another one with crackling ear piece, well sucks for me. Hoping its a software thing then because everyone is getting it

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

lol. Well i sent a replacement for the unglittery back and the earpiece and the shaking in the phone (which is said to be the auto focus) but if I get another one with crackling ear piece, well sucks for me. Hoping its a software thing then because everyone is getting it
    It's not software, that just doesn't make sense. Many claim not to have it. By shaking do you mean rattle? They all have that... Unglittery back? Weird...

Global Posts
    606 Global Posts
    ROM
    CodeName 3.3

It's not software, that just doesn't make sense. Many claim not to have it. By shaking do you mean rattle? They all have that... Unglittery back? Weird...

It has to do with the interactions between the cell radio and the earpiece speaker. This is my hypothesis because the earpiece background noises are different when making a call over the cell network and making a call over Wifi via Groove IP.

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by mwilkins View Post
    It has to do with the interactions between the cell radio and the earpiece speaker. This is my hypothesis because the earpiece background noises are different when making a call over the cell network and making a call over Wifi via Groove IP.

I always thought it had something to do with the auto focus which is also the culprit of the rattle...

talking about the buzzing in the earpiece. The unglittery back is called a "hoax" even though it is 100% real. My Nexus 4 just gets unglittery in the back mysteriously at time. Today i took my case off and it was mute but two days ago it was dazzling (kind of not really, just more glittery than now) and yeah rattle i guess. Meant you get a rattle when shaking XD

Global Posts
    851 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

talking about the buzzing in the earpiece. The unglittery back is called a "hoax" even though it is 100% real. My Nexus 4 just gets unglittery in the back mysteriously at time. Today i took my case off and it was mute but two days ago it was dazzling (kind of not really, just more glittery than now) and yeah rattle i guess. Meant you get a rattle when shaking XD
    Rattle is on all of them... Not just a Nexus thing, it's been reported on iphone too. The glittering only happens in the right lighting...

Rattle is on all of them... Not just a Nexus thing, it's been reported on iphone too. The glittering only happens in the right lighting...

Like i repeated in my post that i did so very long ago it never glittered. When i face it directly and see the reflection of the light i only the reflection of the window or the light bulb. I do the exact same thing every time and i get different results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast