Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Nexus 4 and PS3

    How can I transfer songs from my ps3 to nexus 4?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    how did you save songs to your ps3 in the first place?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    how did you save songs to your ps3 in the first place?
    I setup a media server like a year ago, and got the songs from there.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by CommanderBob22 View Post
    I setup a media server like a year ago, and got the songs from there.
    so your songs are in media server rather than in PS3? am i correct? you should have jail broken PS3 to setup a media server on it.

    whatever it is use some dlna app from playstore to get the music in your phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    so your songs are in media server rather than in PS3? am i correct? you should have jail broken PS3 to setup a media server on it.

    whatever it is use some dlna app from playstore to get the music in your phone.
    The songs were on my old laptop which let me transfer them to the ps3 through Windows Media Player. I bought a new laptop in june and lost all my songs but they're still on my ps3.

    btw you don't need to jailbreak a ps3 to use your pc as a media server.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Can you transfer the songs to usb? Then back to your computer, upload to google music, sync, win?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    Can you transfer the songs to usb? Then back to your computer, upload to google music, sync, win?
    I have almost 1000 songs, the only flash drive i have is 1GB, I'm trying to use my phone as a flash drive and transfer the songs to my laptop
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    What happens when you plug your N4 into the usb port? Does it recognize it as a media drive?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    What happens when you plug your N4 into the usb port? Does it recognize it as a media drive?
    It says "an unknown USB device has been connected" but my nexus 4 says "connected as a media device"
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Have you tried bluetooth?Just shooting from the hip here.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    Have you tried bluetooth?Just shooting from the hip here.
    That's not an option. The Bluetooth refuses to turn on.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Your phone's BT or the ps3's?

    Worse comes to worse, buy a bigger usb drive....or if you're seriously broke...transfer album by album.

    Either way, I suggest getting the songs back to your computer before your phone. Then upload everything to google music, then sync to your phone. you'll never have to deal with this again.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

    Default Re: Nexus 4 and PS3

    Quote Originally Posted by Basscase View Post
    Your phone's BT or the ps3's?

    Worse comes to worse, buy a bigger usb drive....or if you're seriously broke...transfer album by album.

    Either way, I suggest getting the songs back to your computer before your phone. Then upload everything to google music, then sync to your phone. you'll never have to deal with this again.
    The phone's, I don't use bluetooth a lot so it doesn't bother me. I think I'll just buy a bigger flash drive, it'll be a lot easier. Thanks for the advice!

Similar Threads

  1. Streaming movies to Nexus? And to PS3?
    By budmonster in forum Verizon Galaxy Nexus
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-27-2011, 08:40 PM
  2. EVO YouTube apk (works on Droid, Nexus and Incredible)
    By Roy Aguilera in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 01:10 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2010, 02:14 PM
  4. Fascinate and PS3
    By chikilin1389 in forum Verizon Fascinate Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-22-2010, 08:18 PM
  5. Bluetooth Hero and PS3
    By WeGlobal in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 03:48 PM

Posting Permissions