This prompt made me furious

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Bingo.

I am often doing group texts due to work, though in smaller numbers than 20. The limit is not that hard to hit. And once you've bumped up against it, *any other* texts you send (even if u start a new conversation) will also still trigger the warning.

Under normal circumstances (ie, one on one texting) its harder to hit the limit. But I've done it a few times there too. Mea culpa. I text a lot lol.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

jerry said 100 messages per hour per app so maybe you can toggle between a few different messaging apps (would get annoying but maybe less annoying than that popup)

Dr0me

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
Two surprising things in this thread:

1. People still use SMS
2. All settings are stored in SQLite

Good to know.

in the USA every one texts via SMS. in other countries where they do not have unlimited text message packages as standard, every one is compelled to use apps like whatsapp so they do not have to pay per text.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
in the USA every one texts via SMS. in other countries where they do not have unlimited text message packages as standard, every one is compelled to use apps like whatsapp so they do not have to pay per text.
makes sense

vietalogy

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
USA has nothing on Asia with sms. 6 years ago I was in Philippines people text on T9 without looking at the phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I've been texting a little today (no where near the 100 per hour) but I am starting to get this warning consistently now. Wtf?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I never get that but I use Go Sms.

i think i sent ~30-35 in an hour and received about the same. 100% sure i didnt send 100 messages in an hour. maybe ill try go sms if this happens consistently, but honestly i like the stock messaging app. i hope they include an option to disable this "feature" in the next update.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
i think i sent ~30-35 in an hour and received about the same. 100% sure i didnt send 100 messages in an hour. maybe ill try go sms if this happens consistently, but honestly i like the stock messaging app. i hope they include an option to disable this "feature" in the next update.
t like Go sms a lot better than the stock one. Plus it will show you texts from the lockscreen.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
It just pops up on your screen when it comes in. It's a great app. Give it a go. I've been using it for years and can't use anything else.

ill give it a try... that annoying alert came up again today..... what about chomp sms or handscent or others? go is better than those?

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
ill give it a try... that annoying alert came up again today..... what about chomp sms or handscent or others? go is better than those?
I used both of those a long time ago and they were okay but I like Go better.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman