Tune in radio on nexus 4

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm noticing despite the fast hspa+ speeds I keep getting buffering pauses. I am really surprised because my slower bold 9900 on the same network during the same commute didn't have to buffer that much.

Also if I set the buffering to 30 seconds it takes a lot longer to start playback when the same setting was used on my bold.

For such a fast phone I am surprised that it is having issues streaming 128k. Is there a setting I am missing?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

V-Tech

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I've actually downloaded Tunein today and it works just fine for me.

I'm in Canada on Rogers and was listening to radio from different countries.

shahpratik19

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,
I was having the same issue....This is what I did to resolve(may be) it

1)Settings>apps>tune in
2)Clear cache
3)Clear data
4)ForceStop
5)Unistall
6)RestartPhone
7)Re-Install

and It Started to work without stopping when the phone goes to sleep.Hope this works for others too

Nexus 4(16GB)

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
No data is fast for all apps. Just don't know why streaming is lacking. I don't have Pandora so I'm not sure if it's a hardware or app issue.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
No data is fast for all apps. Just don't know why streaming is lacking. I don't have Pandora so I'm not sure if it's a hardware or app issue.

certainly seems like app/data corruption issue. follow steps mentioned by shahpratik19 .

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ok made those changes. We'll see on Monday if it works.

Thanks.

Mike_47

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Here's the problem: Tune in radio never shuts down completely, and their little icon stays in the Notification bar. The only way to get rid of it has been to power down the N4 device, and then power on again. Any ideas? Thanks :-/

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Here's the problem: Tune in radio never shuts down completely, and their little icon stays in the Notification bar. The only way to get rid of it has been to power down the N4 device, and then power on again. Any ideas? Thanks :-/

Just tap the square white box at the bottom right corner of the TuneIn window. That will "stop" the feed, rather than simply pausing it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci