About straight talk. At&t

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone

Looking for clarification.....

If I could get hold of a n4 (anybody have a recent timeline for that?) I would be tempted to use straight talk. Its that or a bundled cell with my local telecom s company also using at&t...... I'm price shopping now...... Wife and I.......

Downsides as I see it......

Can't send pics via text (Will that change)?

Can't receive group texts. (Will that change.)?

And lastly, to keep phone no. ,I'd have to port to either s.t or Google voice. What are the advantages/disadvantages with either?

Side note: my local telecoms co. Is a local co. (HTC) in south Carolina. They use at&t as a partner. Would I even need to port my no.?

Thanks for reading.

Lee

BTW

I love my n7.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
MMS works fine on Straight Talk on the N4. That takes care of picture messages and group texts.

MMS doesn't work on Google voice, though, so if you port your number to GV, you can't do either of those with your GV number. Unless you need to have your calls go through GV, just port your number to Straight Talk and call it a day.

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the response

I didn't realize u could get picture messages via text on straight talk, or group texts........

So what's the advantage in porting to Google voice over ST?

So I can keep my old number, by porting to ST.......what's the catch?

Thank you once again

Lee

way up north

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
I have used my Nexus 4 on Straight Talk for over a month now. I have had no problems and the service seems as good as my previous AT&T service. (Same towers used by ST) I do use my high speed WIFI at home for most things: downloads, Skype, etc. There is no 4G LTE in this area anyhow, so this phone is even better than I could have imagined.

waxwabbit

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
So u have had no problems using MMS or group texts?

And u ported your old no with no problems?

If only I could get a n4..........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC