Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 18 of 18
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hubertsng
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Hold out?

    Ok please don't hate but I currently have an iPhone 4S and an ipad 4, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the jailbreak. I had a S2 before this phone and it was crap and ruined my android experience. But after reading about this phone I want to give it a shot. But it seems they will never have any unlocked ones available. So should I hold on for one to become available or should I go ahead and buy a nexus 7 and wait till prolly next spring when they might have some available?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope_2 View Post
    Ok please don't hate but I currently have an iPhone 4S and an ipad 4, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the jailbreak. I had a S2 before this phone and it was crap and ruined my android experience. But after reading about this phone I want to give it a shot. But it seems they will never have any unlocked ones available. So should I hold on for one to become available or should I go ahead and buy a nexus 7 and wait till prolly next spring when they might have some available?
    Or you could wait until the new one comes out and wait for the next one. There is a new phone every 6 months. You'll never have the newest and best for long. You can't beat this phone... Get it!
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope_2 View Post
    Ok please don't hate but I currently have an iPhone 4S and an ipad 4, but I'm getting tired of waiting for the jailbreak. I had a S2 before this phone and it was crap and ruined my android experience. But after reading about this phone I want to give it a shot. But it seems they will never have any unlocked ones available. So should I hold on for one to become available or should I go ahead and buy a nexus 7 and wait till prolly next spring when they might have some available?
    they will never have unlocked bootloader available(for sale) because of security. locked bootloader is secure. but google let us unlock it and can be done with a click of a button.
    same with rooting. still dont understand your locked issue. there is no need to unlock boot loader unless you want to root.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Just look up some videos or just say what ruined your android experience

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by still1 View Post
    they will never have unlocked bootloader available(for sale) because of security. locked bootloader is secure. but google let us unlock it and can be done with a click of a button.
    same with rooting. still dont understand your locked issue. there is no need to unlock boot loader unless you want to root.
    I mean unlocked so I can use it on AT&T
  6. #6  
    chestont's Avatar

    Posts
    133 Posts
    ROM
    MIUI, CM9, Bugless Beast

    Default Re: Hold out?

    I ordered mine at the beginning of December and just recently got it. I definitely feel like it was worth the wait. Great android experience and hardware and the price is great for an unlocked phone. If you have been satisfied with the hspa speeds on your iPhone 4S it should be a fine phone for you.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    All Nexus 4's are unlocked, just with t mobile (i believe) you have to be on a plan to get it cheaper.
    Tom Fairclough
    Credo faber est quisque fortunae suae
    I believe every man is the artisan of his own fortune
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairclough View Post
    All Nexus 4's are unlocked, just with t mobile (i believe) you have to be on a plan to get it cheaper.
    so I can go to a tmobile store and buy it to use on AT&T?
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mithoangel View Post
    Just look up some videos or just say what ruined your android experiencehttp://www.dvxs.info/12a3.jpg
    with the s2 music from my iTunes was awful and couldn't get it all transferred, never had GPS, when an update for the newest software came out I didn't receive it until 2.5 months after launch and it wasn't even OTA which took me 45 min to do via computer, and then rooting was extremely hard on the s2 and I bricked it, compared to when I jail broke my old iPhone and it took maybe 10 min.....I want to give this phone a try but nervous that I will encounter the same issues
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    I didnt think tmobile will sell it to you without contract. if they do sell you one no contract, it will be more than what you can through google which i think would be not worth it... but you should be able to pop a att sim in no problem.

    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope_2 View Post
    so I can go to a tmobile store and buy it to use on AT&T?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope_2 View Post
    with the s2 music from my iTunes was awful and couldn't get it all transferred, never had GPS, when an update for the newest software came out I didn't receive it until 2.5 months after launch and it wasn't even OTA which took me 45 min to do via computer, and then rooting was extremely hard on the s2 and I bricked it, compared to when I jail broke my old iPhone and it took maybe 10 min.....I want to give this phone a try but nervous that I will encounter the same issues
    I'm pretty sure the iTunes sync is all better and you even have google play music now anyways. GPS is now enabled but it isn't the best without any cellular towers or wifi towers aiding it and it can take some time. This is a nexus device is get the newest software AUTOMICALLY. Rooting is hard on all android devices, compared to jailbreaking of course. Bricking is pretty hard if you don't read carefully and don't slow the process down.
    Don't judge the phone with your -previous experiences, android has come a long way.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    That's what my dad told me. He just got the note 2 on launch day and is a big android fan. He tells me that I just got a bad phone....but with the GPS my wife's iPhone would be getting GPS and we would be in the same car and I would get nothing
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope_2 View Post
    That's what my dad told me. He just got the note 2 on launch day and is a big android fan. He tells me that I just got a bad phone....but with the GPS my wife's iPhone would be getting GPS and we would be in the same car and I would get nothing
    Get the Nexus 4 because it's amazing, not because it has GPS :P
    MERCDROID likes this.
  14. #14  
    rupam95's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hold out?

    So no more Nexus 4 unlocked from Google Play?
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    So no more Nexus 4 unlocked from Google Play?
    Well not at the moment, theybare backordered for four weeks or so. T mobile is selling with q contract later if you want to still get it

    Sent from my Nexus 4
  16. #16  
    rupam95's Avatar

    Posts
    119 Posts
    Global Posts
    796 Global Posts

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubertsng View Post
    Well not at the moment, theybare backordered for four weeks or so. T mobile is selling with q contract later if you want to still get it

    Sent from my Nexus 4
    4 weeks? No Nexus 4 me for this month then.
  17. #17  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    Quote Originally Posted by mojosodope_2 View Post
    But it seems they will never have any unlocked ones available.
    All Nexus 4's are unlocked.

    ------------

    Quote Originally Posted by rupam95 View Post
    4 weeks? No Nexus 4 me for this month then.
    They're just sold out, they'll be back soon enough. The prior member has no factual information to base his statement off of. We don't know when the devices will be available again, though the rumor is T-Mobile & the Play Store will have them in stock this month.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

    Default Re: Hold out?

    I was hoping with the launch if ces this week we would see something

Similar Threads

  1. Should I hold out for the Bionic?
    By elchip in forum Verizon HTC Thunderbolt
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 02-25-2011, 06:58 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-10-2011, 08:08 PM
  3. AT&T users holding out for Galaxy S: If a dud, then what?
    By whitenack in forum Misc. Android Phone Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 05:32 PM
  4. I am tired of the waiting. I'm holding out for the Sprint HTC EVO 4G.
    By Night Train in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-16-2010, 09:38 AM

Posting Permissions