Looking for an upgrade ...is NeXus 4 the ONE?

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
Okay I downloaded it and ran the install when I opened it. There are no settings or anything. Do I need to do anything else?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Good question. There should be settings so my guess is your device is missing something alsa mixer needs. Are you rooted?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Good question. There should be settings so my guess is your device is missing something alsa mixer needs. Are you rooted?

Yes rooted. I didn't have busy box installed but I added that after. I will try to reboot and re install it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
It's not working. Just shows a blank screen. Are you using it on a Nexus 4? What was your process for installation? May not work with 4.2

nrm5110

Jun 25, 2011
Visit site
It's not working. Just shows a blank screen. Are you using it on a Nexus 4? What was your process for installation? May not work with 4.2

I don't own an n4 lol.

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page

That's what alsa is. Its incorperated into android and can be controlled. I know on my skyrocket we used that mixer to help enhance volume on certain things and improve overall sound quality. I'm sorry it didn't work for you it was a suggestion that seems to have failed.

Haunted_Toaster

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
Have you played with the RAZR HD yet? Very light skin, as close to stock you are going to find on a non Nexus, great battery, and very durable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't own an n4 lol.

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Main_Page

That's what alsa is. Its incorperated into android and can be controlled. I know on my skyrocket we used that mixer to help enhance volume on certain things and improve overall sound quality. I'm sorry it didn't work for you it was a suggestion that seems to have failed.

I appreciate the effort.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Have you played with the RAZR HD yet? Very light skin, as close to stock you are going to find on a non Nexus, great battery, and very durable.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Android Central Forums

Thanks but I already have the RaZr OG. Kinda tired of Moto's hopeless attitude of forgetting their own flagship devices. So for smoother UI, a faster processor and insane specs, this looked perfect. And for that price...

Sent from my DROID RAZR on JB.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I Love this phone. It is so responsive and fast. The screen is amazing and the price is ridiculous. The breakable thing is stupid in my opinion. Put a case on it and you'll be fine. It's everything you need for half price.

That being said it may not give you everything you want.

The camera is a 7/10 with some fun add ons
The battery is a 7/10. Much better than my last SGS2.
The screen is very nice but still not the best 8/10
The sound is weak. 4/10. On bluetooth and aux volume it is very low and tinny.

There are many great phones. The HTC one x+ is a gorgeous phone that may do everything better than the N4, but updates are scarce. If you want the latest updates then there is only one choice.

Samsung will also be announcing the S4 sooner than you think so if you are not rushed I would consider waiting.

Thanks badbrad, but I hate Samsung. I know I'm in the minority here and might be kicking a hornet's nest. But IMHO, they make the ugliest phones on this planet. S4 or no S4, I'm not even looking at Sammy. But thanks for your reply..

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks badbrad, but I hate Samsung. I know I'm in the minority here and might be kicking a hornet's nest. But IMHO, they make the ugliest phones on this planet. S4 or no S4, I'm not even looking at Sammy. But thanks for your reply..

you don't have to convince me :D I'm an HTC fan but like pure Nexus more. I am praying for another HTC Nexus soon.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
you don't have to convince me :D I'm an HTC fan but like pure Nexus more. I am praying for another HTC Nexus soon.

But regardless of my opinion, there are many phones that suit many people.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site

This. My HTC MT4G was seriously an amazing phone. It still holds its own, especially a far as hardware goes. But yeah, Nexus and vanilla android is for me. I wouldn't hold your breath for an HTC Nexus though. The next one will have to be moto.

I'm not a Sammy fan either.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This. My HTC MT4G was seriously an amazing phone. It still holds its own, especially a far as hardware goes. But yeah, Nexus and vanilla android is for me. I wouldn't hold your breath for an HTC Nexus though. The next one will have to be moto.

I'm okay with Motorola but the screen needs an upgrade. They have lots right they just need to fix a few things.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm okay with Motorola but the screen needs an upgrade. They have lots right they just need to fix a few things.

Yup. Believe me...this phone is more than what I asked for...it is just plain amaZing...the hardware is top notch...though some screw up on the screen..black patches in dark, one dead pixel etc..but otherwise its just plain brilliant...

geckojohn

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site

How do you like the Nexus 4 compared to the Mytouch 4g? Is it worth it to upgrade? I currently have the MT4G and pretty happy so far... but wondering if it is worth it to upgrade.

Thank you in advance!

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
How do you like the Nexus 4 compared to the Mytouch 4g? Is it worth it to upgrade? I currently have the MT4G and pretty happy so far... but wondering if it is worth it to upgrade.

Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure what version of the MT4G you have. I have the HTC. They went LG after a while and it became a while other phone. It went from flagship to bargain phone.

With that said... Coming from HTC, It's literally like going from a subaru wrx to a porsche. If it's the "other" MT4G... It's like going from a camry to a porsche.

Do it!

I factory reset my MT4G, loaded it only with media apps and use it strictly as a blue tooth media center. It's like having a remote control with thousands of songs on it.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Been a while now and still debating which way to go.

Some honest confessions:

I hated Android ICS on my RaZr. It lagged and stuttered and it was just plain messy. Then, Jelly Bean happened. One of the best things to have happened to my phone yet. Whilst my struggle with ICS continued, I was lured by Windows Phone 8. I planned to get a simple(and cheap) HTC 8S. But as the low memory, smaller screen and tons of other issues came up, changed my course towards a Lumia 820.

But Jelly Bean has made me stop in my tracks. To call it an improvement would be an understatement. The phone is blazing fast and ultra smooth. It feels like a brand new phone.

Now, if a dual core, 1.2 Ghz, 1 GB RAM, 4.3" phone handles JB so well, I can only imagine how a 4.7", Quad Core, 2GB RAM would fly with it. Not to mention, a pure, unskinned Android version.

In short, I am sure it will be an upgrade. Am I right?

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I love my N4...but if you've already got JB on your Razr, maybe you should wait for the N5.

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I love my N4...but if you've already got JB on your Razr, maybe you should wait for the N5.

Oh man..not another waiting period. Am tired of waiting. But on the other hand, I am actually low on cash as of now. Plan to get an AIO for home and already bought an iPad Mini. So I guess waiting is a better option. The price of the N4 is just amazing and making it all the more difficult..

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mike7star