Battery rub out quickly

Majid Lotfi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi,
I just got my Nexus 4 couple days ago, I use it mostly as a phone ( from time to time I open chrome or check my emails), but I have to charge my phone many times a day. this is my first smartphone, do you think I am missing something or I don't know how to set it ?
thanks, your help is appreciated.

jimrebello

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi,
I just got my Nexus 4 couple days ago, I use it mostly as a phone ( from time to time I open chrome or check my emails), but I have to charge my phone many times a day. this is my first smartphone, do you think I am missing something or I don't know how to set it ?
thanks, your help is appreciated.

The key is the words "this is my first smartphone".. Every smart phone has much worse battery life than a dumb phone. You will get used to it and your usage will become normalized after a while and require less charging. This phone is probably middle of the road for battery life when it comes to smartphones.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
You should expect 3 to 4 hours of screen time on a single charge.

You just need to learn to manage your battery - turn the screen brightness down, adjust apps so that they don't constantly connect to the internet to update themselves, etc. 2 out of every 3 threads here are about this very topic!

Majid Lotfi

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
The Quick Start guide is very poor, is there any other source on how to use this phone (Nexus 4), for example (because this is my first smartphone), when I have an apps or browser opened there is no exit, I just go to the home button link in the bottom then open another thing.
thanks

bilago

Aug 29, 2012
Visit site
If you're trying to rub one out, but not as quick, try treating yourself to a nice meal, wine, and foreplay first.

Other than your miss typed subject, Learn to root your phone and install a custom rom/kernel to get better battery life.

Jeremy8000

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
You should expect 3 to 4 hours of screen time on a single charge.

You just need to learn to manage your battery - turn the screen brightness down, adjust apps so that they don't constantly connect to the internet to update themselves, etc. 2 out of every 3 threads here are about this very topic!

^^ this.

Other things you can do to increase time between charges include
  • turning off GPS and Bluetooth if you don't use them,
  • running a 'normal' wallpaper instead of a live wallpaper,
  • using WiFi where available over using the cellular radio (WiFi is far less of a drain),
  • using fewer widgets,
  • reducing the screen timeout threshold, and
  • reducing the frequency with which it checks for new email.
Telling it that it looks pretty and sending it a digital bouquet once in a while wouldn't hurt either.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
The Quick Start guide is very poor, is there any other source on how to use this phone (Nexus 4), for example (because this is my first smartphone), when I have an apps or browser opened there is no exit, I just go to the home button link in the bottom then open another thing.
thanks

You don't need to exit most apps, the OS does a good job of running them in the background and closing them when needed. If an app has the ability to exit, it will either be in the menu (look for the three dots) from the app's home screen, or you can try hitting the back button from the same screen and see if it asks you if you want to exit. Otherwise, you can go to the multitasking panel (the right-most button on the bottom of the phone) and swipe away any apps you want to exit. You shouldn't have to worry about doing so, however, as the phone will warn you if an app is running abnormally in the background.