nexus 4 will not power at all, completely dead.

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
my nexus 4 powered down this morning while in the car because the battery ran out of charge.

now i have it polugged in the wall and it won't power on at all. It's just completely unresponsive. Tried holding power button down for 10 seconds. nothing... any suggestions before i call google?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Two questions, if you don't mind:

1) How long did you leave it plugged in before trying to power on?

2) Were you running rooted with a custom ROM, or fully stock? If custom ROM, which one?

willdogs

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If the battery is very discharged, it will not power on right away after plugging it into the wall.

Give it 30-60 minutes of charge before trying to power on.

When you plug it in, do you get the white battery indicator on the screen?

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
yes, tried 2 different chargers, wal outlet and on my comptuer.

unforuntatley my new replacment phone from google is on preorder.... i will have to go scour craigslists for a samsung galaxy nexus.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried holding the power button down for longer than 10 seconds...like about 30 seconds. I had my screen go black once and had to hold the power button for quite a while to get it reboot.

nmb

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
i contacted google, they are sending me a new one with a temporrary charge on my credit card. :(

I am having this same problem right now. I let my battery run all the way down today and the phone shut off while in my pocket and hasn't come back to life since. It has been plugged in to various chargers (2 wall, 1 computer) for a few hours now and there is no white charging logo, no response to even very long presses on the power button.

How did you contact Google to get a replacement?

minhbt

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
call the support team (0800 328 6081 UK), tell them whats wrong with your device and they will send you a link to purchase the replacement

runningman3433

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
call - 855-83-NEXUS for a replacement.

this is unacepable. i placed the rma on 7th and it sitll has not shipped... I think i am going to go back to Samsung Nexus and sell the nexus 4 when it arrives. I can see all types of issues with having the unremovable battery in the nexus 4.

- - - Updated - - -

I am having this same problem right now. I let my battery run all the way down today and the phone shut off while in my pocket and hasn't come back to life since. It has been plugged in to various chargers (2 wall, 1 computer) for a few hours now and there is no white charging logo, no response to even very long presses on the power button.

How did you contact Google to get a replacement?

my exact experience. could this be a recurring issue with nexus 4?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2