Is there any new info about when or if more Nexus 4's to buy?

anon(55900)

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
Any news about when or even if Google will be selling more Nexus 4's in USA?? Please don't turn this into a gripe thread! Just the facts ma'am, just the facts... and no, I don't want to pay $550 for your's.

mkslt04

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Google will be selling them in the USA when they have them in stock in the USA. They have no intentions of doing preorders because a preorder would require that they have a ship date, and looking at how things have been going so far they don't know when they're getting them. People who have orders are still waiting for their devices, so chances are Google isn't even concerned with selling more Nexus 4s until they can fill their current orders, and because they don't have a steady stream we don't even know when that is.

So, just go visit https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nes?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=AV5I3Ak1 whenever you're free, and just keep hoping.

mkslt04

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Sorry if I sound kinda harsh, but I moderate the Google Mobile Help Forums, and we get the same sorta questions there. I've just grown tired of hearing it.

Google will be selling them in the USA when they have them in stock in the USA. They have no intentions of doing preorders because a preorder would require that they have a ship date, and looking at how things have been going so far they don't know when they're getting them. People who have orders are still waiting for their devices, so chances are Google isn't even concerned with selling more Nexus 4s until they can fill their current orders, and because they don't have a steady stream we don't even know when that is.

So, just go visit https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...nes?playredirect=true&hl=en-US&token=sdR_Ur4N whenever you're free, and just keep hoping.

YaSo

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Any news about when or even if Google will be selling more Nexus 4's in USA?? Please don't turn this into a gripe thread! Just the facts ma'am, just the facts... and no, I don't want to pay $550 for your's.

As seen by this article and others around the web (T-Mobile USA to sell Nexus 4 in all stores in January | Android Central), I would think that there should be some stock available for new purchasers by the end of this month, both by T-Mo in stores and by Google on the Play store. I wasn't able to buy one online until after they were already out of stock, so I feel your pain. Keep checking Android Central and other sources and I'm sure a blog post (or three) will be made as soon as anything else is reported. I am patiently waiting, and hoping my old phone makes it to the end of the month.

SOLGarion

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry if I sound kinda harsh, but I moderate the Google Mobile Help Forums, and we get the same sorta questions there. I've just grown tired of hearing it.

So since you are tired of the question you post a non answer. Keep checking the play store is not new info. Though one thread with any rumors of stocking would be more helpful than a new thread every few days asking about stock news, gets annoying.

Its like a TV show you don't like, don't watch it and complain, just don't watch it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

AFM1204

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
is it assumed that whenever they do open up for more sales it will sell out again in 2 minutes. with the play store crashing and going slow with people not sure if they placed an order or not?

i want to be able to order when i know i can just go to the site and order a phone with no problems. i dont care if the wait is 6 weeks...just as long as i'm not stuck having to be in front of a computer and refreshing/hoping to pick one up.

at this point, i'm thinking by the time i could do that, the next nexus phone will be a month away from releasing.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
is it assumed that whenever they do open up for more sales it will sell out again in 2 minutes.

It is?

I feel the common assumption would be that Google pulled sales of the device to catch up with demand, so they can get out of this mess and have a full inventory... The would seem the logical assumption, from my point of view.

pitchersduel

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
It is?

I feel the common assumption would be that Google pulled sales of the device to catch up with demand, so they can get out of this mess and have a full inventory... The would seem the logical assumption, from my point of view.

oh i meant that as a question....i was wondering if people think that will be the case once the they open up for orders again

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Sorry to seem harsh, but no one feels sorry for you. There's a lot of people wanting to spend MONEY on the Nexus 4 and Google can't even deliver. (I've already bought 2, and have more to buy). If you didn't want to hear the questions you should have actually delivered on a phone launch.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

karmamule

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I ordered on the last day they were available in the US (December 14th) and mine just shipped today, so I'm guessing they'll open up to more availability soon as it seems like they're almost caught up with backorders.

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I ordered on the last day they were available in the US (December 14th) and mine just shipped today, so I'm guessing they'll open up to more availability soon as it seems like they're almost caught up with backorders.

Or u just got lucky. Yours shouldve been six weeks wait so either they sped production ir u are lucky

Sent from my Nexus 4

mkslt04

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Uhm I'm sorry that I apologized about what could be considered a harsh post. However I'm not the only one with that sentiment, even Phil has said the best way to know when it's coming in stock is to just check. No one knows when it will be available, but I would suggest checking on Tuesdays around noon simply because that seems to be when Google will update their devices page in the Play Store.

So since you are tired of the question you post a non answer. Keep checking the play store is not new info. Though one thread with any rumors of stocking would be more helpful than a new thread every few days asking about stock news, gets annoying.

Its like a TV show you don't like, don't watch it and complain, just don't watch it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781