1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default MMS Question

I just recently got the Nexus 4 and the thing is gorgeous. My question is in regards to MMS. Now I turn data off, as not to go over my plan. However when I send/receive a MMS, it won't send unless data is on. This is common sense obviously but I'm struck as my Desire HD automatically switched whenever sending/receiving a MMS, and it was on gingerbread. The feature may be attributed to Sense, but I'm not too sure. Anything I can do to make it switch temporarily and automatically it?

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Default Re: MMS Question

How little data allowance do you have on your plan? I'm just wondering if turning off data so much is really necessary. On a month of average use I usually will be between only 1 and 2 gigs, which should be fine with almost any plan. If I'm streaming a lot through Google Music or something I can hit 4+ gigs, have never hit 5, and that's when I know I'm using a lot. If you are a "light" data user I don't see why you should need to be so concerned unless you have a really small allowance..
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Around 200-300 mbs. Coverage is really spotty, so I deferred from getting 2gb ( I had it and then switched ).

Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

Quote Originally Posted by ShashankNegi View Post
    Around 200-300 mbs. Coverage is really spotty, so I deferred from getting 2gb ( I had it and then switched ).
    Ah I see.. that is darn low, lol. Only thing I could think of is a toggle app (Power toggles comes to mind, I don't know many though as I run a custom ROM that lets you customize these in the pulldown) that will let you set a convenient toggle for mobile data on/off.. I'm not sure if there's anything that will handle it automatically. Sorry I can't be of more help.. maybe someone else will have a better suggestion though.

Quick tip: Change the title of the post to something like "Mobile data toggle for MMS usage", will make your topic more specific and might attract better help. Probably a better way to phrase it, that's just off the top of my head
    Thanked by:
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I'll just leave it. It is what is, a nuisance yes, but in retrospect it's still an amazing phone. Thank you.