PROBLEM: Play Store crashing during updating and downloading of apps on Nexus 4

Tom Mulqueen

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm having an issue installing/updating apps and accessing the play store on my Nexus 4. I'm running official Jellybean 4.2.1.

The problem started the other day when i went to clicked to accept an app update and the play store instantly crashed and returned me to the nexus home screen.When clicking on the play store icon to reopen the play store i get maybe a flash of the play store home screen and then am returned to the nexus home screen yet again.

- Restarting the phone gives me the following message "Unfortunately , the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped."
- I have tried the standard troubleshooting response of going to the apps settings and clearing cache and data , this allows me to access the play store like normal but any attempt to install or update any app returns me to my original situation
- I have also tried deleting my Google account and re-initiating it. In the process i stupidly selected the option of Automatic updates which means i can't access Google play at all as it always trying to download an outstanding update which is what it seems to have a problem with. I also can't work out how to revert this automatic updates selection without access to play
-I have restarted my phone following all of these attempted solutions with no success

Can anyone help me out of this pickle!!!

Last edited:

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
in the S3 thread some guy had the same problem he disabled the download manager, have you disabled/uninstalled any of the Google Apps?

Tom Mulqueen

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
in the S3 thread some guy had the same problem he disabled the download manager, have you disabled/uninstalled any of the Google Apps?

That's done it! Thank you so much. I think a rogue app was attempting to download itself of my phone and the download manager may have switched off in response! Its funny how something as simple as that can cause so much hassle. I had been considering a factory reset so you've saved me from that.

Thanks again!

Manu14

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I have this problem as well but I don't understand what you did to fix it. Could you help me please? I have a galaxy s3 on rogers btw
Edit: Nvm enabled download manager. Fixed the issue

Last edited:

babsel

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Halo all... i had same problem he disabled an issue installing/updating apps and accessing the play store on my samsung galaxy tab 7.0. I'm running official ice cream sandwich 4.0.4.. Can anyone help me...

Cy Gan

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
im using galaxy note 2 and im having the same problems
tried to clear chace and data but still back to square 1 can any1 tell me how to enabled download manager?

kd28

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Hey I am still not understanding how to get rid of this problem.
I did try clearing cache and data and then restarted my phone but it didn't help. Can you please explain how to sort this issue ? My phone is just 15 days old and it is already causing me a problem .:'(

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante