What does this mean?

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
What does it mean by "keep awake." Charged my phone before work and looked at the battery and its been killed by almost 40% and I didn't use it while at work for 5 hours... I'm only getting roughly 6 hours of battery life per charge.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357700573866.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357700573866.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 42

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Dude! You got to apologize when you've hurt someone special :p
Well anyways it's 43% of your currently drained battery and it is considerably higher than other things along with phone idle if you don't use your phone that often. This is odd if you only get 6 hours of battery on it though so try some battery saver thing that is able to shut many things down while you aren't using it, or well. You know turn it off.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Keep Awake means your phone was active and not resting passively for those 2+ hours. You need to dug deeper, find out what app was keeping it from shutting down properly and why.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Keep Awake means your phone was active and not resting passively for those 2+ hours. You need to dug deeper, find out what app was keeping it from shutting down properly and why.

Where and how should I start to dig deeper? That's probably why my battery was killed so much.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
A bit of searching turned up this fact: According to Google, "It (Keep Awake) is now just the dumping ground for all of the time the device was awake that wasn't otherwise blamed on someone. So it is (total awake time) - (total app/system wake lock time) - (total screen on time)."

It seems that your phone spends a lot of time powered on but not actually doing anything. Perhaps you should bump down your Sleep number (Settings -> Display -> Sleep) or get into the habit of manually turning the phone off each time you set it down.

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
What does it mean by "keep awake." Charged my phone before work and looked at the battery and its been killed by almost 40% and I didn't use it while at work for 5 hours... I'm only getting roughly 6 hours of battery life per charge.

Freddy Kruger is after your phone.

For all the youngsters here... Freddy kills you in your dreams.

18SamCooke

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I must have the only Nexus 4 device that seems to work how Google meant it to! My battery is fine, with normal use it usually lasts 1day and a half. With low/medium use while at work etc I have got it to 2days 10 hours with 30%ish still remaining!

danielde

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Try DS Battery Saver from the Play Store. Kills wifi, data & all running apps when screen is off.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
You have a run away program running that isn't allowing the phone to enter deep sleep. I used better battery stats to determine what does it on my phone. In my case, after using maps the GPS does not properly close and it keeps the phone awake. Force closing everything doesn't help and I end up having to restart the phone. Try to restart the phone to see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn't you will need to download an app to determine what is keeping the phone awake.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37