Google Voice not refreshing or sometimes taking a lot longer on Nexus 4 vs other devices

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I have Google Voice installed on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. Usually, if I get a text message, the Nexus 7 gets it first. But the last few days, the Nexus 4 doesn't get them at all (unless I open the app and refresh) but the Nexus 7 does (both are on the same Wifi). Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? Anyone else experiencing this issue?

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I have Google Voice installed on my Nexus 4 and Nexus 7. Usually, if I get a text message, the Nexus 7 gets it first. But the last few days, the Nexus 4 doesn't get them at all (unless I open the app and refresh) but the Nexus 7 does (both are on the same Wifi). Does anyone know what's causing this and how to fix it? Anyone else experiencing this issue?
did you update google voice app on nexus 4. few days ago google fixed some issues you were mentioning

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Actually I believe this is due to an obscure wifi sleep policy that's coded into the Nexus 4, it's related to the miracast functionality. There are ways to change the policy if you are rooted, but if not you would need to hope for Google to change it in the code in a future update.

I could be mistaken but I read something about this recently.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Actually I believe this is due to an obscure wifi sleep policy that's coded into the Nexus 4, it's related to the miracast functionality. There are ways to change the policy if you are rooted, but if not you would need to hope for Google to change it in the code in a future update.

thanks! do you have a link to any of that?

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site

I've been searching but been unable to find what you mention online. Can you look for the link you read?

mcdave71

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I'd love a fix for this myself. The majority of the day I'm without cell signal so have to use google voice. I'll miss messages unless I remember to refresh manually.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non