APN Settings for Nexus 4

AustinRawr

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 on Straight Talk through AT&T, and the data speeds have been less than desirable, even though my phone shows I have HSPA+.
I am trying to figure out if there are any APN settings I can put into my phone to get faster speeds than the one that Straight Talk provided.
I have an AT&T Micro Sim and I have already tried various AT&T APNs but so far none of them provide Internet access.

Please help
Thanks

luisito_ortiz

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
I set up my Nexus 4 two days ago with Straight Talk. I'll give the settings I got directly from Tracfone by calling 1-800-876-5753. Don't bother with the other number, if it's too full you can't even get on queue. I had to call because they screwed up the initial setup since they forgot to include the data connection. I did alter their settings a bit after testing which is why there are comments next to some fields.
Name: straight talk
APN: att.mvno
Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com ( I suggest leaving this blank. It causes speed tests to fail and leaving it as blank works just as well.)
Port: 80 (This is the tracfone default. Without it my download speed suffers)
User Name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33
MMS port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: Not set (This is the tracfone default and works fine for me. Having or not having "default,supl,mms" doesn't affect my service at all.)
APN protocol: IPv4 (IPv4/IPv6 works as well and doesn't affect my speed)
APN enable/disable: APN enabled (this is grayed out with a check mark in the box)
Bearer: Unspecified

luisito_ortiz

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Straight Talk settings screenshot

e17tbb.png

alginn0

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a Nexus 4 on Straight Talk through AT&T, and the data speeds have been less than desirable, even though my phone shows I have HSPA+.
I am trying to figure out if there are any APN settings I can put into my phone to get faster speeds than the one that Straight Talk provided.
I have an AT&T Micro Sim and I have already tried various AT&T APNs but so far none of them provide Internet access.

Please help
Thanks

I had exactly the same problem on a different network for several days and then I noticed just below Access point names > Use 2G only< was ticked. Rectified that and now I'm on on warp speed!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma