Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera orientation incorrect

Ive seen a lot of threads and issues regarding the nexus 4 camera issues but I haven't found a solution and I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing the same following issue

When I take a picture on nexus 4 on portrait, some pictures get saved in landscape in gallery. Would this be software bug along with the other issues? It recently started. I started taking more pictures of my new born and been uploading and sharing pictures but the pictures are saved on the wrong orientation. I always have auto rotate off as well. I'd appreciate any help. It gets a bit annoying having to rotate the pictures before sharing them.

Default Re: Camera orientation incorrect

Try turning auto-rotate on? The screen will adjust according to the orientation of the phone that way.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I tried it but it continues doing the same. I was thinking maybe a hard reset

If auto-rotate is off, it may prevent the screen from rotating when you turn it, making the orientation get messed up.

It is not unusual to take photos of infants from above; is that what you are doing?

I ask because the closer to horizontal the phone is held, the more likely the camera is to be "confused" as to the correct orientation. When held vertically, portrait vs. landscape orientation is easily determined.
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

That's what I'm doing taking the pics from as she is laying down. My galaxy note nor lg Optimus g do this but I guess it seems to be unique with the nexus. Thank u